Complaint Review: Penguin Windows

• Submitted: Thu, March 05, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, March 05, 2009

• Reported By:Portland Oregon
Penguin Windows
penguinwindows.com Portland, Oregon U.S.A.

Penguin Windows Buyer Beware!!!! Ran as fast as you can from this company!!! Portland Oregon

I was almost one of their victims and have just heard of 3 more people with the same story! It's time to save another unsuspecting soul from losing precious dollars to this company.

Remember this!!! We DON'T live in Antarctica. We DON'T need triple pained windows!!!

At a Home Show I entered their fancy booth and fell for their "chance to win" scam. Their prompt call to come out for a free estimate, became a 3+ hour high pressure nightmare, similar to a car sales experience. $38,000 for the entire home, (my jaw dropped) down to 21,000 for the front facing windows if I signed NOW and agreed to place their sign on my lawn. To get rid of them I signed specifically knowing I had 72 hours to resind.

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: My daily calls to cancel were ignored with every excuse until my last angry call informed them that my post marked, express, signature required, formal cancellation letter was in the mail.

My additional estimates for 11 windows in my house were cut by 2/3's, which included a lovely garden window, and additional construction to add a window to a very dark area in my house.

I bought from a small, Portland based company and the final price was $6926.36!!

Google the companies and look for personal blogs, check out Angies List, Hinesight, FraudOregon.com. Shop prices, don't sign on the spot, and you will be shocked at amount you will save!!

Smart Female Shopper
Portland, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2009 02:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Penguin-Windows/Portland-Oregon/Penguin-Windows-Buyer-Beware-Ran-as-fast-as-you-can-from-this-company-Portland-Ore-431166. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Penguin Windows