Complaint Review: Penn Credit Corporation

• Updated: Tue, February 22, 2011

• Reported By: Mothers Daughter — Crivitz Wisconsin USA
Penn Credit Corporation
916 South 14th St. Harrisburg, Pennsylvania United States of America

Penn Credit Corporation Pain Vanish They tried to rip off a senion for $19.94 for a product she never got! Harrisburg Pennsylvania

*General Comment: Penn Credit Corporation

* : A little guesswork here...

On March of 09 & now Aug of 09 Penn Credit Corp. Sent a collection letter to my aged mother for $19.94. This we thought was cleared up when we sent them a letter telling them we knew Pain Vanish was a rip off.

They claim to send cream in a tube to people, and then send the bill to a collection agent who is part of their tube of cream scam. They send letters to the victim and demand payment.

Many people pay it to keep their credit clean.

Now it appears the collection is also a rip off!  So how does one report a rip off company to a rip off company?

I sent them another letter telling them my mom never got the stupid cream, and will not be paying for it. We will report both the pain vanisn & the collection to the BBB here in WI.

I am really sick of people who can't make an honest living like the rest of us, and or who prey on the elderly! We do need to ban together to sue these jerks and put them in prison!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2009 05:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Penn-Credit-Corporation/Harrisburg-Pennsylvania-17104/Penn-Credit-Corporation-Pain-Vanish-They-tried-to-rip-off-a-senion-for-1994-for-a-produc-484340. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Penn Credit Corporation

#1 General Comment

Penn Credit Corporation

AUTHOR: TheHebe - (United States of America)

Back in 2009 they had becone to send me collection notices for Verizon (phone) stating that I was delinquent and had been disconnected 2 Sept 2008!

At this time I was running a positive balance with Verizon.   Also I had held only one phone number since moving to Ohio in Dec 2005; which happened to be the number which Penn Credit Corporation was claiming to be disconnected for non-payment!

Further, the claimed the bill was 175.90 with a settlement offer of 124.00.

I do not follow my credit report as I don't use credit cards and will not seek out a mortgage; unknown if this company has attacked my credit report.

As I knew I was not disconnected, did not owe Verizon (indeed at the time if I discontinued their services, they would have cut me a check for my balance).  Clearly a SCAM.

#2

A little guesswork here...

AUTHOR: ReactorCore - (Canada)

Sorry, but I'm going to have to theorize a bit, since I certainly don't see this particular scam often... or at all really.

Now, it's one thing to have a bogus company send some piece of fiddly paperwork to a collection agency. It's quite another to have the collection agency be a scam also, whether in cahoots or not.

Knowing what I do about collections and the Fair Debt Collections Act, if all you say pans out, you've got quite an operation on your hands. Nevertheless the bottom line in this case, is that you have someone (or someones) impersonating a legitimate collection agency. I think this may well fall under Federal jurisdiction. Forget the BBB, they're going to be worthless.

There should be a governing agency, run by the government if I recall, that deals with the code of practice and ethics in regards to collection agencies. I'm sure they would be very, very interested in hearing about this company's little scam. You should seek out who, exactly, to contact regarding collections fraud in your state and get the ball rolling.

Of course, we can't forget about the good old Attorney General's office. You'll want to get some manner of contact happening there too, since, as I said, this would appear to be a federal jurisdiction matter. At any rate, it certainly can't hurt, and if you're barking up the wrong tree, at least you'll have a better chance of being pointed in the right direction by these agencies.