Complaint Review: Penn Foster Education Direct

• Updated: Fri, May 14, 2010

• Reported By: Aida — Cleveland Ohio United States of America
Penn Foster Education Direct
925 Oak Street Scranton, Pennsylvania United States of America

Penn Foster Education Direct Wouldn't call it a complete scam operation, but VERY MISLEADING! Scranton, Pennsylvania

I took a Court Reporting Course from Penn Foster, formerly Thomson Education Direct. I started over three years ago. I have yet to complete it.

They give you they idea that you can do this course in your spare time, at your own pace...and I suppose you can, but, the clock is ticking! Herein lies the problem: you receive far too much in your Instruction Modules, as they call it.

It was far too much for me and I had no interruptions.

They only provide support for 2 years. So, if your paying the monthly installments, however faithfully, you'll soon find you've mailed them a good deal of money for a course you most likely will not complete. On top of that, to give you a little more time

to complete your course, they request you send an additional sum of money to allow you a few more weeks to complete it. You won't because it's too much to get through. I was fortunate in that I paid my course off before two years. I requested

everything due me in the course. When it all arrived, I knew there was no way I could have gotten through all of it in just two years and I work at it consistently! As I said, I'm still working on it-but I have everything.

Just wish I could sell some of the boat-load of audio tapes I recieved to the many students of Penn Foster who were not able to complete their Court Reporting Course.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2010 06:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Penn-Foster-Education-Direct/Scranton-Pennsylvania-18515/Penn-Foster-Education-Direct-Wouldnt-call-it-a-complete-scam-operation-but-VERY-MISLEAD-603245. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Penn Foster Education Direct