Complaint Review: Penn Foster University

• Reported By: Jessie — Lafayette Indiana United States of America
Penn Foster University
925 Oak Street, Scranton, Pennsylvania Internet United States of America

Penn Foster University Penn Foster & Their Sidekick, USCB. Internet

Just today I received a phone call from a collection agency. They claimed that I have an outstanding debt of almost $1,500 through Penn Foster University. Funny thing is I spoke to a school rep. about 5 months ago saying that I could not continue my courses due to family hardship & my husband losing his job. They said no problem, they would take care of it, etc..

So now I magically have this fellow "Hal" calling me from USCB (Collection Agency) wanting to work with me on this debt, saying that I am STILL ENROLLED in their classes and that he needs me to work with him to alleviate this debt. He seemed polite enough for now, giving me his contact number & asking me to call back in a week or so.

I called the school & the gentleman that answered was extremely short with me, saying that I am in fact still enrolled but my account has been since transferred to said agency so he cannot withdraw me from the courses. So I am supposed to cancel my classes for their university through a collection agency, since the university supposedly can no longer pull up my account. To which I responded "How am I still enrolled in classes then if you have no account to access?" & all he kept saying was that I needed to contact USCB & that they would take care of it, that there was nothing he could do.

So essentially, I am enrolled in veterinary technician classes that were supposed to have been cancelled, through a credit collection agency. Not Penn Foster University. Interesting..

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2012 07:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Penn-Foster-University/internet/Penn-Foster-University-Penn-Foster-Their-Sidekick-USCB-Internet-818114. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Penn Foster University