Complaint Review: Penn Foster

• Updated: Sun, January 02, 2011

• Reported By: J.J. — Canterbury Connecticut United States of America
Penn Foster
925 Oak Street Scranton, Pennsylvania United States of America

Penn Foster Deceptive - Misleading and Unethical Administration Scranton, Pennsylvania

In December of 2009 I enrolled in the HVAC technician(heating - ventilation - air conditioning)course with Penn Foster school (mail and internet distance training).

My complaint is based on what was stated to me verbally from the administration at this school.

I enrolled under a payment plan with the total cost being $638.00.

It was verbally stated to me that when the course was paid in full I would receive shipment of all course materials, INCLUDING, MULTIMETER and MULTIMETER OPERATION MANUAL , RESIDENTIAL OIL BURNERS (reference text) and TROUBLESHOOTING HVAC-R EQUIPMENT (reference text).

Due to personal issues I was unable to complete this course in full and therefore did not receive a diploma. According to the Penn Foster administration because I did not receive a diploma at graduation I was not entitled to the above mentioned tools and reference texts.

These tools and reference texts are a very important part of the HVAC course .(valued at $200.00 ).

I paid the balance in full and was deceptively and unethically mislead to believe that I would recieve all of the course materials that I paid for.

Many students honestly are trying to improve their educations and careers.

My advice is do the research before you invest your hard earned money!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2011 02:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Penn-Foster/Scranton-Pennsylvania-18515/Penn-Foster-Deceptive-Misleading-and-Unethical-Administration-Scranton-Pennsylvania-677806. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Penn Foster