Complaint Review: Penn Foster

• Reported By: Dawn — Sheridan Oregon United States of America
Penn Foster
925 Oak St Internet United States of America

Penn Foster Holds your Certifacate Hostage, THEIVES!!!! Internet

I enrolled and completed the P.I. course through Penn Foster. I completed the course before the account was paid in full.
I fell behind, I was around $130.00 owing on my account. Than Penn Foster started assessing me late charges to the tune of $7.50, not just once a day but 3 to 4 times a day every day for months. They ended up turning me over to collections, (USCB Corporation). My account was at $234.00, than USCB offered me a settlement offer for $117.00. Being tax season I was able to & did pay off the settlement offer. Weeks went by and no cert. So I called Penn Foster, they said that USCB had not reported it as being paid. SO, I call USCB, they stated that yes they have informed Penn Foster that it was paid. So I call back Penn Foster, talk to antoher lady, she says it usually takes a couple of weeks for all the processing to go through. So I give it another 2 weeks. Call back Penn Foster, another lady, stated that yes it shows it has been paid and that I should receive my graduation package in about 2 weeks.

That 2 weeks was today, 03-04-2013. No package. So, I call Penn Foster yet again, and now their saying that they do not show that it has been paid, and that I need to contact USCB. Yet again I call USCB, and speak with them, on this phone conversation it is brought to my attention that since I accepted the settlement offer & did not pay the full amount that was in collections, I will not receive my Cert. Even thought the course was completed before this ever went to collections. So I call Penn Foster back, and the lady starts arguing with me, so I argue back & request to speak with a manager. She states that she will not transfer me to a manager. I yelled at her to get a (GD) manager on the phone. She trasnfers me, leaves me on hold for over 5 minutes, someone picks up the phone & hangs up on me. So needless to say I spent a year, and $1,000.00 for a course that I will never receive the certifacte for. Penn Foster and USCB are nothing but theives. DO NOT USE PENN FOSTER>>>

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2013 06:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Penn-Foster/internet/Penn-Foster-Holds-your-Certifacate-Hostage-THEIVES-Internet-1023505. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Penn Foster