Complaint Review: Penn Warranty Corp

• Updated: Mon, June 17, 2013

• Reported By: leosunnysign — Marietta Georgia
Penn Warranty Corp
Internet USA

Penn Warranty Corp Do not buy a warranty from this company. Scranton Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Poor experience

I purchased a warranty for this company and had to use it two and a half weeks after I purchased the car. The head gasket blew in the engine because the fans did not work. Since the fans did not work, the car overheated which blew the head gasket. Engine repair is not covered regardless of how the car overheated. My mechanic provided proof that the fans did not work by purchasing new and installing and that the car overheated.  The warranty company paid for the fan.

The auto dealer would not take the car back, the finance company would not just move the loan over to another car and the warranty company will now (after A LOT) of going back and forth with the mechanic and the dealer, pay for half the repairs. They state that the repair will be approximately $1,200 for a new engine and installation. $1,200 only covers the engine in most areas!!!! WTH!!!

This has been the experience from hell.  PLEASE, I beg of you, buy your warranty from another company and do your homework before you do. Make sure you read all the fine print and what is covered / not covered. This company is the worst that I've ever seen, my mechanic has ever seen, and the dealer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2013 07:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Penn-Warranty-Corp/internet/Penn-Warranty-Corp-Do-not-buy-a-warranty-from-this-company-Scranton-Pennsylvania-1059668. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Penn Warranty Corp

Poor experience

AUTHOR: Sajjad Razvi - ()

Wow. You and I are not the only ones struggling with this company. I was just on the phone and they were all about getting me off the phone. Saying things like, "I cant pull your file until after we get done talking so I think I should let you go now." How about you let me make that decision. Amanda, the claim manager, was rude as can be, but politely rude. We should start a lawsuit against these guys. Team up and shut'em down. Please reply if you agree.