• Report: #220971

• Submitted: Thu, November 16, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, December 13, 2006

• Reported By:Wichita Kansas
Penn Warranty Corporation
1081 Hanover Street Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Penn Warranty Corporation ripoff Covers Nothing Penn Warranty Wilkes-Barre Pennsylvania

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Warranty Purchasing information

I was it appears another in a long line of extended warranty customers who have been screwed by Penn Warranty Corp. I purchased a 48mo. GOLD CONTRACT warranty in December of 2004 on a used 1998 Volvo I purchased. This was my first and most likely my last try at requesting warranty coverage. Even though it appearred to be covered in the contract they were able to get around the issues. The clerks I talked with were less than knowlegable about autos and even cut me off when I was trying to talk to them. I asked for the Customer Service Mgr and the CEO's name and was refused. It was not until I mention legal action that I got a lawyer's name. I filed a complaint with the BBB which will yield nothing, I guess I can ask for the state office of better business but I'm sure it would also yield nothing. I can only say that this is the first and last extended warranty that I will purchase. Kiss $1200 goodbye. Oh yes they used Gestopo interrigation methods on my repair shop, no surprise.

Dennis
Wichita, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2006 05:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Penn-Warranty-Corporation/Wilkes-Barre-Pennsylvania/Penn-Warranty-Corporation-ripoff-Covers-Nothing-Penn-Warranty-Wilkes-Barre-Pennsylvania-220971. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Penn Warranty Corporation

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Warranty Purchasing information

AUTHOR: Patricia - (U.S.A.)

I used to be a sales rep for Penn Warranty and I found that the biggest reason that people are not satisfied is because the dealers (who are the people who actually sell the contracts)don't do a good enough job of explaining to their customers what the warranties can and cannot do. You are right in that there are a lot of things that people purchasing warranties are not told, but all the exclusions are in the actual contract and honestly, most all car warranties have the same restrictions regardless of the warranty provider.

It's the dealers job to make sure that you know what it will and won't do for you. Personally, I feel that warranties are rather like insurance - it's ok if what is wrong with your car is covered by the warranty, but chances are it won't be and you'll end up paying for it anyway.

Next time just take the money that you would spend on the warranty and stick it in a savings account, then you'll have the money on hand if something major does go wrong. Sorry for your trouble.