assured

• Submitted: Sun, September 03, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, June 29, 2009

• Reported By:Darlington Pennsylvania
Penn Warranty
1081 Hanover Street Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Penn Warranty used car warranty fraud ripoff Wilkes-Barre Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Please Help Me Know

*Consumer Comment: Penn Warranty

I filed a claim with Penn Warranty for my 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport. It spun a bearing. The company made my mechanic tear down the engine to confirm his diagnosis. This was all at my expense. They sent a "supposed independent inspection company" to see the damage. The inspector deduced that my engine failed for "Lack of Lube".

That would be okay if the engine really didn't have oil in it, but it did and I have witnesses to it having oil in it.

If the engine didn't have oil in it, it would have seized. They also said perhaps the engine didn't have the right type of oil in it. Now the inspector never even took a sample of the oil that my mechanic took out of the engine.

I am looking to take this case the the Pennsylvania Attorney General or find others and file a Class Action Lawsuit. I feel that I am a victim and I am sure there are others out there by all the negative posts on the net.

Please contact me!

Deborah
Darlington, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2006 05:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Penn-Warranty/Wilkes-Barre-Pennsylvania-18706/Penn-Warranty-used-car-warranty-fraud-ripoff-Wilkes-Barre-Pennsylvania-209323. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Penn Warranty

Please Help Me Know

AUTHOR: Michael Ohayon - (U.S.A.)

Unfortunetly I have the same problem stated above. I have a Used 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I bought the car in 2008 so I've only had it for about a year. I purchased Penn Warranty once I bought the car. Within the year I've had the car in the shop roughly about 4 times. 1) Starter Needed Replacement 2) Water Pump / Thermostat needed to be replace 3-4) Oil Change. I've also have done 1 or 2 oil changes on my own. About 2 weeks ago my oil pressure started to get low so I brought it to the shop for yet another oil change, still having problems with the oil pressure I brought it back. Turns out antifreeze was leaking into the crack cylinder head causing the engine block to be shot. The Mechanic suggested it would be cheaper to just replace the whole engine, so he quoted us a price and we called Penn Warranty. Penn then called the mechanic and told them to tear down the engine and they will send an adjuster. The adjuster came and denied the claim stating 'Lack of Lubricant'. (Have receipts for all my oil changes in the past year) . We then disputed the claim and sent in all of our paper work showing my receipts for the oil changes. 3 Days later they denied my claim again! I Know the other posts were from 2 years ago, but if you happen to read this or have the same problem please contact me at iismao42@yahoo.com. ASAP and let me know what happened with your claim. Thank you

Penn Warranty

AUTHOR: Angela - (U.S.A.)

My husband and I were victims of the Penn Warranty Corporation also. We are also looking for someone who wants to file a class action lawsuit against the Penn Warranty Corporation.
In Nov, we purchased a 2004 Navigator. In April, it went into the shop with a cylinder head problem. In Penn's contract, the first line states they will cover Cylinder problems. They gave us the run around and they also had the dealership tear down our car and promise to pay 1900.00 and sent 1750.00. Well, the repairs were 4200.00 so we are responsible for 2450.00 which is totally ridiculous when you've paid money to have a extended warranty. Please contact me if you are interested in filing a class action lawsuit.

Thanks,