Complaint Review: Pennco Tech

• Submitted: Fri, May 07, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, May 07, 2004

• Reported By:Glassboro New Jersey
Pennco Tech
99 Erial Rd Blackwood NJ Blackwood, New Jersey U.S.A.

Pennco Technical Institute - Pennco Tech Karl Mancuso (Senior Addmissions Rep) Ripoff fraudently misrepresented Pennco Tech by giving us false info so we would enroll with them Blackwood New Jersey

I am writing this letter to report a fraudulent misrepresentation made by Pennco Tech in Blackwood, NJ. Senior Admissions Representative Karl Mancuso "Guaranteed" lifetime job placements for the Heating, Air Conditioning, Ventilation, and Refrigeration (HVAC) class with a starting salary of $15-28 dollars an hour. He also said if I had good attendance, kept good grades, and participated in class my chance of earing the highest salary of $28 an hour would be more likely.

To date, after 8 months in the program, I have a 100% class average, and perfect attendance. I am top in my class. During our meeting with Mr. Mancuso, we had discussed how much of a financial burden this class would take on our family, but he said that of the last graduating class, everyone had earned a position with a company paying over $20 an hour to start. We believed Mr. Mancuso spoke as a knowledgeable representative of Pennco Tech, and took his word as the truth. It was these beliefs that made the decision for me to sign the contract enrolling me in Pennco Tech.

After speaking with Donna the Career counselor we were told there are NO jobs for ANY class in the salary range quoted to us by Mr. Mancuso. The actual starting salary is only $9.50 an hour. With a slim possibility, Donna may be able to find me a job paying up to $13. She said she had never heard of an entry level position paying as high as $28 an hour. Donna also stated that because of equal opportunity employment, everyones resume must be sent to prospective employers, not just the people in the top of the class. Everyone must be given the same employment options for every paying job available.

I believed at the signing of my enrollment contract with Pennco Tech that I would be earing a full time starting salary of over $20 dollars an hour. I would have never given up my $14 dollar an hour plus commission position, take out $15,000(plus interest) in student loans, and sacrificed my families(we have 3 kids)future for a job only paying $9.50 an hour. We were lied to and taken advantage of and I would like the school, and Mr. Karl Mancuso held firmly responsible! We relied on him to factually represented Pennco Tech, and it was his lies that we put our future on the line for and enrolled with this school.

James and Stacy
Glassboro, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2004 02:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pennco-Tech/Blackwood-New-Jersey-08012/Pennco-Technical-Institute-Pennco-Tech-Karl-Mancuso-Senior-Addmissions-Rep-Ripoff-frau-90616. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pennco Tech