Complaint Review: Pennco Tech

• Submitted: Fri, July 08, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, July 08, 2005

• Reported By:Sicklerville New Jersey
Pennco Tech
Old Erial Road Blackwood, New Jersey U.S.A.

Pennco Tech ripoff Blackwood New Jersey

*Author of original report: I am seeking to have these funds recouped and the judgment to be dropped

BELOW IS THE LETTER WRITTEN TO THE NJ ATTORNEY GENERAL OFFICE OF COMPLAINTS (NO RESPONSE FROM THEM YET)I FILED THIS COMPLAINT ON THEIR WEBSITE AND ALSO MAILED A FOLLOW UP COMPLANT ON 7/6/05:

June 2, 2005

To Whom It May Concern:

RE: Leona

I am writing this letter in regards to Pennco Technical Institute. I attended Pennco Tech from the time spanning from around March 1992 to September 1993

I would like to place a complaint for fraudulent activity. How is a school allowed to operate in the State of New Jersey when the following activities are happening?:

I earned an Associates Degree, which I believe is invalid because the degree has the Bristol, Pennsylvania campus on it. I only was there for the last two weeks of the 18 months I attended. When asked Pennco Tech why was this, I was informed because the Blackwood, New Jersey campus was not an accredited school and they cannot legally give degrees. I received a diploma also at that time, which had the Blackwood campus on it, which is Blackwood could offer me. The course had to take place the last two weeks in Bristol to make the degree good'. I paid 18 months for a two-week degree.

Licensed teachers did not teach the courses that were taught. When we traveled to Bristol the same teachers were sent to teach us. Now there is a case of unlicensed teachers teaching in an accredited school.

The courses that were taught were on outdated computer languages that no one was using.

I was just informed by Pennco Tech when I called to get the figures that I paid that the Computer Programming course that I studied was discontinued a few years back due to poor job placement for perspective employees in that field.

Following is a break down on the funds that were required for me to attend this course:

Student Loans $ 6345.00
Cash Payment $ 2314.60
Books $ 545.00 - Total amount I am responsible for $9204.60

Grants $6673.00

I am still in process of repaying the student loan. The student loan is now on my credit report listed as a judgment and my wages are currently being garnished. I am seeking to have these funds recouped and the judgment to be dropped and cleared from my credit history. Anything that can be possible done to help rectify this matter would be very much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Leona

Leona
Sicklerville, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2005 11:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pennco-Tech/Blackwood-New-Jersey/Pennco-Tech-ripoff-Blackwood-New-Jersey-148977. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pennco Tech

I am seeking to have these funds recouped and the judgment to be dropped

AUTHOR: Leona - (U.S.A.)