- Report: #794827
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Pennsylvania Roofing and Siding
Pennsylvania Roofing and Siding250 Front Street #4 Quakertown, Pennsylvania United States of America
Pennsylvania Roofing and Siding Mark Miller defective addition leaky rude Quakertown, Pennsylvania
The short story is: 1. He did an addition onto the back of our house. I was very unsatisfied with how he finished it.
2. A few weeks after he completed the job, in August, the roof started leaking from every conceivable place- the joint with the original house, the windows he installed, and the skylight he installed. Water that entered the house went down into the basement, in addition to the kitchen addition. On several occasions we had to fill our kitchen with buckets and towels. We had had no water in the house for any reason for the previous several years. 3. When the leaking started, Miller was not responsive so I sent a bunch of insulting texts and e-mails. He eventually responded (after about 2 days) that he would help us, except that my attitude was so bad (I guess he believed his warranty did not apply to those of us with bad attitudes). In my defense, my attitude was only bad because my kitchen too much resembled my swimming pool. 4. At that time, I began exploring my options including making a third party claim with his liability insurance carrier. Then he sprung up and asked if he could remediate. 5. He re-roofed the addition and adjacent area. This was followed by more leaking, and then he re-sided the back of the house. 6. At various times when he would not show up, he did text that he would Be responsible for any damages. 7. After the re-siding. It still leaked once, and now has not since. We still dont know where we stand with that. 8. Miller has still not fixed all of the drywall. 9. 2+ weeks ago, I advised Miller that he had two weeks to finish these repairs, and the other things where he feel short on the original job. I had tacitly agreed not to make postings such as this in the interim. When the deadline I appointed arrived, this past Friday, he sent over a painter who said he could come the next day (the snow storm). I asked him when Miller hired him for the job. He said the night before. 10. At the conclusion, after re-roofing (unsuccessfully, causing second round of leaks), and then the siding, he now says that the leaking was not his fault. Im not a professional builder, but the house was not leaking, and then he cut it open, and then it repeatedly leaked. Id say that he probably had something to do with it. And since it only stopped after his second attempt to correct (maybe, at best), Id say that hes not really in control of whats causing the problem. For him to say hes not responsible (after he had essentially said that he was) is completely ludicrous.
I am now back in touch with his insurer, and will resolve as much as I can through them, and will hit up the rest in small claims.
Problems with the original job- 1. We included a storm door which was pricey. First, the gaps and the wall around the door were not even sealed. Again, not a professional builder, but if you can see the path that air could take to get in, do you have to be Einstein to know that air is passing through? The wall is not open on the end, and only patched up the hole where our dog door had been after repeated prodding. The wall is still open to air passage on the end. The kicker is that the storm door is both (1) stuck closed, and (2) there are still unsealed visual gaps in the door. 2. None of the high hat lights are still in their mounted position. 3. All of the electrical devices which were installed, including new security system wiring and sensors that were put in by the security company, have gotten wet. We had water pouring out of the lights. Inside the walls are security devices, an expensive air conditioner that Miller put in, a ceiling fan, five lights, four switches and receptacles. I have no idea if these are truly safe and I will be reviewing with our municipal inspector.
We saw three Mark Millers. The first was the sales guy. He told us how his company does everything right (we have many examples of things which were done improperly). He was very firm in his confidence in quality and he told us that the room would be the nicest part of the house, the coolest in the summer, and the warmest in the winter. (the few cold days have been pretty cold in there actually)
The second Miller is the guy on the job. He says things like, Ill be there on Tuesday and he makes good on his scheduling remarks about 30% of the time. Most of the time he does not show up or call. He just treats our time as less valuable than we are. I asked him once about this and he said, I get busy. Again, this is largely understandable, but he acts all affronted when I have pointed out how lousy this is of him.
We saw this Miller again after the third Miller. He just constantly either lies or makes mistakes in scheduling, resulting in no-show after no-show.
The third Miller was the contrite guy who came to see us after my first contact with his insurance company. He wanted to rectify all the stuff that he had done improperly so that I would not air him out on the internet and continue with my claim against his insurance company. This guy lasted a few days and then returned to being the Miller 2 guy who wouldnt show up to do anything.
Some of the offensive maneuvers were things like this: He would say we are doing insulation today, which was the passive-aggressive way of saying that was not going to be fixing the walls. They would stuff insulation into walls which took about 15 minutes and then be done for the day. It was just achieving the technicality of showing up.
We contracted for this in April, at which time we were told that they would start right away, which turned out also not to be the case.
It is now November, and I have several holes in my kitchen and probably a bunch of other problems too.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2011 01:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pennsylvania-Roofing-and-Siding/Quakertown-Pennsylvania-18951/Pennsylvania-Roofing-and-Siding-Mark-Miller-defective-addition-leaky-rude-Quakertown-Penn-794827. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.