Complaint Review: Penny the clown and friends

• Submitted: Fri, October 26, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, December 17, 2012

• Reported By: T — bay area California USA
Penny the clown and friends
24668 view cape horn ave Internet United States of America

Penny the clown and friends LOOK AT HER VIDEO internet, California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: phony report

If you look at her video you will see a really scary male clown come in and the kids are all afraid. Then you are saved by sweet Penny the clown who is also a traditional clown with Mooseburger type clothes. A clown who looks like they just went to a square dance  also in scary white face, with a cowboy hat Not very orginal.Look kids are NOT afraid of men, they are afraid of white faces. My kid was scared of you. Then there is your work. 10 kids painted for 1 hour, you must not no my family with 30 kids That is really slow..

I saw you work at a street festival as you used the same paints on 100 kids I asked you and you said that you wipe them down and use fresh sponges. I talked to a lab person and they said that the only way you can kill germs is with heat. So unless you are heating up those paints with each child, you are contaiminating all the kids with everything under the sun, then you take those paints to parties. You should have at  least new paints per party.

People can get horrible disease even with there own makeup brush, let alone all the kids off the street.Your site says you have insurance, but it does not say with who or how much. You said you use snazaroo paints,people need to read up on them. You say on your site that they are FDA approved. FDA   according to poision control does not approve facepaint even if people are trying to say they are makeup. Snazaroo may try to obey standards of FDA but that does not mean the same thing.

I have a call in with the FDA to get a answer and they have not called back yet. Also I have a real issue with glitter. Again poision control says  there is no such thing as safe glitter. I will listen to them. One thing Snazaroo is correct on, there are people who have reactions.I heard of a kid who had his face full painted  with this product and ended up in the hospital. Buy the way paints on the mouth is really gross. You say you teach this stuff, Klutz book uses Wolf brothers, do you use both since you seem to do alot of  endorement  on your site. Charging people to advertise.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2012 10:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Penny-the-clown-and-friends/internet/Penny-the-clown-and-friends-LOOK-AT-HER-VIDEO-internet-California-960456. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Penny the clown and friends

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

phony report

AUTHOR: Penney the Clown - (United States of America)

This is Penney the Clown, owner of Penney and Friends party entertainment.
Firstly, I will say that I strongly believe that this is a phony report, probably posted by a competitor in my industry, with the intent of slandering me and damaging my business and credibility.

With that said, I will address each of the points made anyway.

1.  I do not wear white face makeup, and I am not wearing any white makeup in my video, either.

2.  I do paint only about 10 faces per hour, because I believe in quality over quantity.  I take pride in doing beautiful work, creating a unique piece of art for each guest, and spending time chatting and joking with them to.  Each child gets my full attention and feels special.  If a client has 30 kids and wants them all painted in one hour, they are free- indeed ENCOURAGED- to hire somebody else.  I often even recommend other entertainers who specialize in high volume painting.

3.  I have a 2 million dollar clown insurance policy with Performers of the US.

4.  I don't paint at street festivals in the Bay Area, so the author could not have seen me and spoken to me at one.  With that said, I do use a clean, fresh sponge on each child, which means anything on a child's skin does not touch my paint.  I clean my brushes with water, sanitizer, and then another CLEAN water rinse after that between each touch of the skin.

5.  I do not, and have never used Snazaroo Paints- so that's another falsehood that the author claims I "told" him/her.  I also tell my customers that my paints- primarily Wolfe Brothers- are FDA COMPLIANT, not FDA approved.  The FDA has guidelines for cosmetics and toiletries, but does not approve them.  Of course there is always a chance that a child will have a reaction to the paint, but in my TWENTY YEARS of painting faces I have never had ONE.  That's millions of faces with not one bad reaction.  There is a chance of having a bad reaction to every single thing you touch all day long, but the odds are slim enough that we all continue touching things and eating things and wearing makeup and using shampoo and everything else because THE ODDS ARE SO SLIM.

6.  Glitter: I use cosmetic-grade glitter.  It is a cosmetic, not a food!  It's made of polyester.  I put it on the eyes and face, no one is eating it.

7. I do teach face painting to professional face painters; I helped write the most recent Klutz face painting book- that's why I promote it on my website.  I like Wolfe Brothers paint (and Paradise and FAB and Tag and Diamond FX), so I say good things about it. No one pays me to advertise their product!  (though that would be pretty cool if they did!)