• Report: #1922

• Submitted: Sat, April 01, 2000
  • Updated: Sun, April 09, 2000

• Reported By:Queen City TX
Pennzoil Quick Lube Center
105 Highway 59 South Queen City, Texas U.S.A.

Pennzoil Quick Lube Center fraud

I normally change the oil in my vehicles myself, but on one particular day I found that I needed an oil change but was running short on time. I went to the Pennzoil Quick Lube Center in Queen City, Texas to have this done. The service was pretty quick, after waiting for a couple of vehicles ahead of me. Total amount was $21.83, and I paid this without question. After leaving the business and examining my receipt more closely, I found that they had charged me for 6 quarts of oil. Now, this would not have been a problem, except that my vehicle only holds 5 quarts of oil.

I phoned the business and questioned them about this. They told me that they had put 5 1/2 quarts in to bring it up to the 'full' mark. This, as I told them, was a blatant lie. I have changed the oil myself many, many times, removing the filter and completely draining all oil. Each time, I have added 5 quarts back into the motor, and it has always brought it up to the 'full' mark, so they had either overfilled my crankcase, which is bad, or they had charged me for an extra quart of oil that they did not put into my vehicle, which is also bad. They proceeded to tell me that perhaps I had a small leak which had caused the overage. Another attempt at fraud, as I pointed out,citing the owners manual for this particular vehicle, which states that it has a 5 quart capacity, which includes 1 quart for the oil filter.

At this point, I went to check the oil myself, and it showed dead-on full, which meant that they only put in 5 quarts.
I returned to the business, and without question or comment, they handed me 1 quart of oil.

I realize that this is really small change for me, but if they are doing this to a great number of people, imagine the ill-gotten profits that this company could concievably be bringing in.

I hope that this may help someone else avoid rip-offs like this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pennzoil-Quick-Lube-Center/Queen-City-Texas-75572/Pennzoil-Quick-Lube-Center-fraud-1922. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pennzoil Quick Lube Center