surrender

• Updated: Wed, December 02, 2009

• Reported By: Ricky — Eagletown Oklahoma United States of America
Pennzoil Quick Lube Center
105 Hwy 59s queen city, Texas United States of America

Pennzoil Quick Lube Center broke the rivets holding the metal hold down plate on my 96 mustang cobra convertible queen city, Texas

On 12-01-2009 I was driving thru Queen City, tx om my way home. I saw the Quic lube store there and decided to get my oil changed as it was time. I stopped and told them what oil I wanted and they drove my car in and changed the oil and filter.

I watched thru the window from time to time and I noticed they were having a problem shutting the hood of my car. I walked out to see what was wrong as I always just push it down easily with my hand. It would not latch down, and I raised it and looked at the latch plate.

It is riveted in place by 4 rivets on the fibreglass hood, and all rivets were broken and the latch plate was flopping around in the opening. I pointed this out to the guys that changed my oil and mentioned never having trouble before.

I also showed them a large flake of orange paint on the inside under the latch that had broke off the hood when they shut it. They said there was nothing they could do about it and fastened my hood down with a bungee cord and told me about The Vette Shop and maybe they could help me. They then charged me for my oil change and that was it.

The guys at The Vette Shop fixed my hood.

I called and talked to Mark Stanley at the Quick lube center and told him what happened and he denied that they broke it, alltho it was latched when they drove it in, and they could not latch it before I drove it out.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2009 08:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pennzoil-Quick-Lube-Center/queen-city-Texas-75572/Pennzoil-Quick-Lube-Center-broke-the-rivets-holding-the-metal-hold-down-plate-on-my-96-mu-532041. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pennzoil Quick Lube Center