Complaint Review: Penobscot Job Corps Academy

• Submitted: Sun, July 26, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, February 13, 2013

• Reported By:Bangor Maine
Penobscot Job Corps Academy
1375 Union Street Bangor, Maine U.S.A.

Penobscot Job Corps Academy If you have mental ilnesses DO NOT come here! It will make you more unstable! Bangor Maine

*Consumer Comment: It's only free IF you graduate

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: DUDE SHUT UP !!!!

*General Comment: Whine whine whine

*General Comment: The good, and bad.

*Consumer Comment: penobscot job corps

First off, I won't put any names in here.

I came to this Job corp to get back on my feet. I was going through a rough time, and needed help and the advertisement looked like the answer to my prayers.

However, since I came here it has been nothing but problems. The first night, they put me in a room with a bunch of girls who harrased me. That got taken care of and there were a few days where things seemed okay. But then after our vacation things started going downhill. I am harrassed almost every day by students. People steal from each other and threaten to beat each other up constantly. Some of the staff here are rude and disrespectful to the students (SOME! not all). One particular Security guard (insert name here) is always harrassing students.

This is NOT a stress-free environment. I in particular have a lot of mental illnesses, and I cannot take the constant fear and stress of this place. I know there are plenty of others who feel the same way.

I always do as I am told here and even try to help people, and I feel as though I am not getting back the respect I am given. I have taken to not helping people here very much anymore, because I firmly believe that in order to recieve respect you must give it.

If I had somewhere to go, if I had a home I would not be staying here today.

So, please if you're a good person and you have a choice, don't come here and be mistreated like me.

Anonymous
Bangor, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2009 11:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Penobscot-Job-Corps-Academy/Bangor-Maine-04401/Penobscot-Job-Corps-Academy-If-you-have-mental-ilnesses-DO-NOT-come-here-It-will-make-you-473492. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Penobscot Job Corps Academy

It's only free IF you graduate

AUTHOR: Treva - ()

All this "free" that you speak of...

It's only free if you graduate the program. If you fail to complete the job corps program, you end up having to pay a small chunk of change back to Uncle Sam.

I also suggest that you consider for a moment while students may not be paying monetarily, there are other ways in which people can pay.. such as the cost of their physical health and mental well-being.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

DUDE SHUT UP !!!!

AUTHOR: p.s****87boi - (USA)

TO THE PERSON THAT WROTE  THAT THE PEOPLE FILING THIS REPORT ARE A BUNCH OF  WINERS  PLEASE SHUT THE  HELL  UP  BECAUSE U  HAVE NO CLUE  WHAT GOES  ON IN  JOB CORPS   I AM A  FORMER  EMPLOYEE   OF THE PITTSBURGH  JOBCORPS CENTER AND  EVERYTHING THAT GOES  ON THERE N WHAT THEY ARE SAYING IS  TRUE  I SUGGEST YOU LOOK AT THE OTHER REPORTS ON THIS  COMPANY AND  HAVE SUMTHIN TO SAY THEN BEFORE  U CAN CALL THESE PEOPLE A BUNCHA  OF F*CKIN WINERS  YEA THE FOOD IS FREE   THE EDUCATION  FREE BUT THE SH*T IS  WAY  DEEPER THEN   THAT SO BEFORE YOU SAY THESE PEOPLE ARE A BUNCH OF WINERS N CRYBABIES READ THE  OTHER  REPORTS  JOB CORPS IS  ONE OF THE  MOST PHONY PLACES  TO  SEND YOUR  KID TO FOR AN EDUCATION  AND THE WAY THAT THEY   TREAT STUDENTS AND STAFF IS BEYOND  LOW AND  DEGRADING AND  IN HUMANE SO  ON THAT NOTE PLEASE JUST  SHUT  UP AND  IF YOU FEEL THAT  WAY READ THE OTHER  REPORTS AND  THEN COME BACK AND SAY SOMETHING   CAUSE   YOU  DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE HELL  YOUR TALKING ABOUT !!!  YOUR  ONLY GOING BY HALF OF THE THINGS  JOB CORPS   PROMISES   TO LURE KIDS    SO SHUT THE HELL   UP !!!!!!  CAUSE THE  SH*T THAT IVE SEEN ALONE JOB CORPS IS   A CORRUPT  PLACE   SO PLEASE TAKE THAT CRAP SOMEWHERE   ELSE SERIOUSLY !!!!!!

#3 General Comment

Whine whine whine

AUTHOR: brownsong - (USA)

You guys sound like a bunch of whiners. For god's sake, you are getting a FREE education, FREE place to stay, FREE meals, FREE utilities, and still getting an allowance! So you have to deal with rude adults...POOR BABY! A few fights here and there... POOR BABY! This program is for you to take seriously and get your education so you can turn into productive people. Stop crying.

#4 General Comment

The good, and bad.

AUTHOR: Simpleman - (USA)

I agree to some of these things you happen to mention here, but their are some things most must realize about PJCA. First off, PJCA is a boring place to be. Absolutely NOTHING TO DO. The drama that gets produced here becomes the enjoyment of the rest, and I not being in the middle of it get to laugh at these sorry idiots who get terminated for stupid shit. I can see these people, and notice who causes the drama.. Or that's what I would say if I were still going. Now for the filing a complaint about it, I know it's rough. Some of them there are what I consider juvenile delinquents, and from that they like to do what they want. Now, also understand that most of the people there, being the age that they are, are so bored, they have nothing else to do. They also like to defy the laws. It's called being free, and though you might not like it, you too were as they are. You guys must admit that being one of these "delinquents" is just all good fun at someone else expense. And growing up is part of the fun. They are there to learn good habits, get their education, and earn some money, especially in this time of recession. If you really want to live peacefully, and not be in the middle of all the drama yourselves, then move away. It's harder to do, than to say of course, but that isn't really my problem. My problem is that you guys are exaggerating on some of these things. I see that for the most part, most of these things you mention is true, such as; some of the staff being rude; one of the security officers on the campus is harassing the students. I'll even mention some of my own facts to support your report such as; the food is a little lacking; the football is fake(I'd prefer real tackling rather than the flag football); and they treat the students like children instead of adults as the majority is. Now these problems are quite major in my eyes, but they can also be fixed. Instead of looking at it like PJCA is a plague of mischief, and mayhem, look at it like it's trying to help those in need, because when I went, I did need help. But I tried to be as professional as possible when I went.

penobscot job corps

AUTHOR: Sickofit - (U.S.A.)

I know what this person is talking about. There are a lot of low lifes that attend this school because thats the only thing they had left. Or they could have gone to jail or youth center or just stayed in the rancid place that they came from. I see them everyday selling drugs near my house. they throw trhere trash all over the place. Holler and scream all they way to where ever they go efter classes and back.I would reallylike to see a better source of weeding out the trash that comes there from where ever they come from. thanks for reading my statement some people might not see it the way I do but I see them every day.I'm sick off it too!!!!!!

settlement