Complaint Review: Pensco Trust Company

Pensco Trust Company
560 Mission St. San Francisco, California United States of America

Pensco Trust Company Poor service, excesslve fees San Francisco, California

*Consumer Comment: Pensco's Fees reasonable and normal

Pensco Trust Company is a Third Party Administrator (TPA) that handles administrative work for investment companies.  As stated on their website, PENSCO Trust Company does not provide investment advice, does not sell investments, and does not offer tax or legal advice. PENSCO does not evaluate, recommend or endorse any advisory firm or investment.  Investments are not FDIC insured and are subject to risk, including the loss of principal.

Pensco does, however, charge exorbitant fees for whatever it is that they do.

I opened an account with an investment company that used Pensco as it's TPA.  The account with the investment company was $500,000, and there were no purchases, sales, or transfers after the initial investment.  Pesco required that I maintain a cash account of $500, and also to give them a credit card number.

After 9 months, I was unhappy with the service and service fees that Pensco Trust charges, so in I decided to transfer the account to another TPA. When Pensco received the transfer request they would not close the account until  I paid them a closing fee of $115.53.  They sent an authorization form to charge the credit card on file which was signed and returned to Pensco.  Three weeks later the transfer still had not been completed so I called Pensco who informed me that there was another quarterly fee due of $275, this was after they had just charged my cash account for a quarterly fee of $340.64, leaving a balance of $150 cash in the account.  After telling them I was going to file a complaint against them, they said they would get the transfer done.  I checked the cash account today and they had deducted the balance for "Administrative Fees."  When the account closes they will probably charge my credit card the $115.53.  In less than 1 year they have charged me over $1,100 in fees.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2012 05:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pensco-Trust-Company/San-Francisco-California-94105-2907/Pensco-Trust-Company-Poor-service-excesslve-fees-San-Francisco-California-917509. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pensco Trust Company

Pensco's Fees reasonable and normal

AUTHOR: Scott Merritt - (United States of America)

I too have Been a Pensco client. In my case, Pensco has held non-marketable securities for me for 4 years. The fact is someone has to be custodian of securities, pension plans, etc. In many cases there is very little operationally that they must do to earn their fee, but the fact is someone has to do it. Penco's fee of 2/10 of 1% per year is pretty standard in the industry. They provide a service which traditional brokerage firms will not: holding certain types of assets.

I am quite pleased with the service I have received from Pensco when I have needed to speak to an individual.