• Report: #781990

Complaint Review: Penske Truck Leasing

• Submitted: Tue, September 27, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, September 29, 2011

• Reported By: Merit Van Lines, Inc. — Clifton New Jersey United States of America
Penske Truck Leasing
200 Dundy Dr. Reading, Pennsylvania United States of America

Penske Truck Leasing Ripoff sold me a bad truck and put my employees in danger Reading, Pennsylvania

*UPDATE Employee: Eager to resolve

I purchased a 2005 Frieghtliner M2 from Penske truck leasing in Reading, PA. They said I will have to wait 1 month in order to receive the truck because they must service it and make sure it is in perfect condition. After receiving the truck the next day I realize that there is oil and grease covering the engine. I called Penske to inform them about this issue so they can take care of it. I just got this truck and the engine is in bad condition. They said they will schedule an appointment for me to bring in the truck for them to fix it. They never scheduled that appointment and refuse to.. I have owned the truck now for less then two month and while my driver was driving on the highway over one hour and half away, the engine blew up.

That put my driver and merchandise on the truck in danger. I contacted Penske again to inform them with this problem and they said they will not help with anything and that it is not covered. They lied and sold me a truck claiming it is in "perfect" condition when the engine was ready to go. They refuse to help with the expenses of the new engine and the towing fee. Do not trust them with your money and do not buy or rent anything from them since you will be taking a risk of putting your life in danger driving one of their trucks.. Horrible business practice.  Now I lost about $30000 just because of them. DO NOT TRUST THEM

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2011 02:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Penske-Truck-Leasing/Reading-Pennsylvania-19607/Penske-Truck-Leasing-Ripoff-sold-me-a-bad-truck-and-put-my-employees-in-danger-Reading-Pe-781990. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Penske Truck Leasing

Eager to resolve

AUTHOR: RGlenn - (United States of America)

I am Manager with Penske and would like to learn more about your situation.  Please call 610-775-6000 and ask for Robert in Remarketing if you are interested in speaking about this matter.