Complaint Review: Penske Truck Rental

• Updated: Mon, December 14, 2009

• Reported By: Robbie — Stanton California United States of America
Penske Truck Rental
1625 S. State College Blvd. Anaheim, California United States of America

Penske Truck Rental Penske Truck Leasing overcharged me for a moving truck rental Anaheim, California

*UPDATE Employee: Issue with Penske

I rented a truck from Penske Truck Rental of Anaheim on State College. When I was at my old house moving my household goods the battery of their truck died. I called them and told them it died. They said they would send a tow truck from a subcontract company to come and give me a charge. I asked if it would cost me anything and they said absolutely not, twice. I also asked if they could charge me for half day instead of the whole day since the battery died, they said they would only charge me for half day since the battery died and asked me if the truck was on when I was using the lift gate. I said I don't remember. The tow truck driver came from 30 miles away and when he arrived he asked if I had used the lift gate with the truck on. Again, I said I don't remember, so they said ok. I received an invoice from the tow truck company without an amount on it. When I returned the truck to Penske later, they said they would most likely make me pay for the tow truck. I asked them, why is that, if I knew that there would be a charge I would have had a neighbor or AAA come and give me a battery charge for free. They said they told me when I rented it that if I used the lift gate without the truck on the battery would die, so it was customer error. I told them they did not tell me that or even how to use the lift gate when I rented it. My girlfriend was there and did not hear them say that or show any kind of demonstration of the lift gate. I gave them my debit card when I first rented the truck and they charged a deposit of $250. They credited me later $29, so it cost me $220 for a 1/2 day rental instead of $50 which it should have cost. I called them twice and they refuse to reverse the charge saying it was customer error. I still have not received an invoice from them 3 weeks later and have a dispute in with my bank. Do not do business with Penske, they overcharge their customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2009 06:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Penske-Truck-Rental/Anaheim-California-92806/Penske-Truck-Rental-Penske-Truck-Leasing-overcharged-me-for-a-moving-truck-rental-Anaheim-538028. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Penske Truck Rental

Issue with Penske

AUTHOR: Alen from Penske - (United States of America)

I am an employee of Penske, and I read your report online. I would like to assist you with this matter.

Please e-mail me your contact information today so that I may begin the process of assisting you at the corporate rental level.

Thanks,