Complaint Review: Penske Truck Rental

Penske Truck Rental
Nationwide USA

Penske Truck Rental Rents trucks with EXPIRED REGISTRATIOBS Internet Nationwide

*Author of original report: Not Rebuttal - Addition to report

Penske Truck Rental rents all types of trucks, including heavy straight trucks and tractor trucks for transporting heavy freight. I was a contract driver for a company that rented one of Penske's straight trucks. I saw the registration sticker folded up qand taped to the inside of the windshield, so I mistakenly assumed everything was fine. When I went through an inspection station scale, it triggered an inspection - and that was when I discovered that the registration had expired over a month before. I had to deal with obnoxious state cops who threatened to put the truck out of service for 10 hours - which would have meant that my roommate would have had to drive two hours to pick me up, and another two hours to bring me home.

And the nasty cops threatened a big fine, to boot.

Fortunately, none of this happened, but I was delayed for an hour at the inspection station, and my stress level and blood pressure went through the roof.

And all becqause of Penske's negligence and irresponsibility.

After my boss called Penske to complain, they mailed a renewed "cab card" registration certificate -- good until the end of August.

Everyone who registers their own vehicle registers for a year at a time - but it seems that Penske only registers for a month at a time. And heaven help you if you forget to bug them for another month - before you have the same kind of trouble that I went through!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2013 08:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Penske-Truck-Rental/nationwide/Penske-Truck-Rental-Rents-trucks-with-EXPIRED-REGISTRATIOBS-Internet-Nationwide-1070847. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Penske Truck Rental

Not Rebuttal - Addition to report

AUTHOR: dapperdan - ()

I am the author of this complaint about Penske renting un-registered trucks.

I double-checked the rental contract, and sure enough, the registration on the Penske rental truck had expired three weeks before the company rented the truck.

Restated, Penske, whether due to negligence or deliberate irresponsibility, rented a truck that did not have a valid registration.

spectacular