Complaint Review: Pentagon Federal Credit Union

• Updated: Sat, March 02, 2013

• Reported By: Allan — Corona California USA
Pentagon Federal Credit Union
2930 Eisenhower Avenue Alexandria, Virginia United States of America

Pentagon Federal Credit Union PenFed They snuck "debt protection" into my car loan Alexandria, Virginia

*Author of original report: Update

*Author of original report: Got my refund after all!

When applying for a car loan, I failed to notice that they were sneaking "debt protection" into my car loan (I never get this kind of "protection" in any loan).  When they sent me the application for the dept protection(which already had been added) I did not return it thinking that was my refusal for the extra insurance, NOT! I then get a notice stating that my payment has been lowered by about $25/mo.  That is when I realized that I had been taken.

I called customer service(an oxymoron), and was basically told too bad, so sad, no refund. I lost $75 for three months of "protection" I never wanted.  Avoid this credit union, there are many good ones out there that don't rip off their customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2012 07:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pentagon-Federal-Credit-Union/-Alexandria-Virginia-22314/Pentagon-Federal-Credit-Union-PenFed-They-snuck-debt-protection-into-my-car-loan-Alexan-923979. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pentagon Federal Credit Union

Update

AUTHOR: Allan - (USA)

PFCU corrected their mistake.  All is forgiven.

Got my refund after all!

AUTHOR: Allan - (USA)

Well I didn't appreciate getting put through the ringer on this but PenFed did do the right thing after all.  I received a full refund after being told twice that I would not receive one.  All is forgiven.

socialism