Complaint Review: Pentagroup Finacial LLC, HSBC Card Service

• Updated: Thu, January 01, 2009

• Reported By:Federal Way Washington
Pentagroup Finacial LLC, HSBC Card Service
www.hsbccreditcard.com Internet U.S.A.

Pentagroup Finacial LLC, HSBC Card Service Corporate Theft to defraud Senior Citizen Internet

*Author of original report: Pentagroup Financial & HSBC Service Corp Predators

I am submitting this report on behalf of my father. He was harassed by the Pentagroup Financial and HSBC Card Service Company. He had a charge of $50.00 on a new credit card received in 2007.

However, he was told that he accrued interest and the amount due was $405.92. He informed the rep that there was an error. The rep informed him that if he did not pay the amount it would go to collections.

After unsuccessfully disputing this matter with Mr. Moses, my father paid the full amount $405.92 plus 9.95 via check over the phone on June 26, 2007.

Recently, my father has received several phone calls from the company. He was told that he did not pay his bill. My father faxed confirmation that he paid the amount.

Unfortunately, my father did not have assistance prior to dealing with this company. I would appreciate any assistance in recovering the full amount paid for my father.

* I am not sure of companies street address since all contact was via phone.

Federal Way, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2008 01:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pentagroup-Finacial-LLC-HSBC-Card-Service/internet/Pentagroup-Finacial-LLC-HSBC-Card-Service-Corporate-Theft-to-defraud-Senior-Citizen-Inter-391495. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pentagroup Finacial LLC, HSBC Card Service

Pentagroup Financial & HSBC Service Corp Predators

AUTHOR: Habu - (U.S.A.)

My father received numerous voice mails from McMillian & Andrew Law Firm (1-866-927 2310 & 1-888-802-1170) regarding a "State/Federal required notice of a formal complaint". On 12/26/08, my father contacted the lawfirm. He was informed that Pentagroup & HSBC was filing a lawsuit against him, if he did not pay by Dec 31 2008. My father explained that his account was closed with the company. He had previously paid and had a confirmation #. He was informed by the lawyer to fax proof of payment. That same day, my father obtained records from his bank which included: amt paid, confirmation #,date paid. He was also informed to contact Pentagroup/HSBC.

After contacting the company, he was informed that his name was not in the system. My father requested to speak to the manager. The agent became extremely rude and hung up on my father. My father contacted McMillian & Andrews and infomed them of the situation. The lawyer appeared sincerely helpful and informed my father that he would try to resolve the situation with Pentagroup/HSBC Company. My father was included in a conference call to settle this dispute.

Although, my father's name and account information was not in Pentagroup records or HSBC, he was informed that since Pentagroup/HSBC sent his name to McMillian--he had to settle. Pentagroup/HSBC rep became very rude and informed my father that if he did not pay--they would sue. The Rep stated, "they didnt care if he had record that he paid. If the company didnt send an official letter closing the account--then he still owes". The rep then infomed my father to pay $600. McMillian lawyers negotiated the payment down to $200.

Although, my father DID NOT owe this bill, he settled due to his job. My father requested a letter from Pentagroup/HSBC rep that his account was closed. They stated they would send an email as a letter.
I am concern that this will continue. Personally, I wish my father had consulted his lawyer to negotiate this case. Especially, when initially he did not owe a bill! I am also concerned that Pentagroup.HSBC used McMillian & Andrews to bid for them. Pentagroup/HSBC STOLE frommy father at total of :$605.92!!!

This is truly a case of fraud by a predatory lending company. What can my father do to obtain his funds back? And, how can we stop these predators from devouring the finanaces of other hard working Americans?I am extremely sadden that these companies continue to rob from senior citizens like my father.