Complaint Review: Pentagroup Financial, LLC

• Submitted: Mon, November 24, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, December 15, 2008

• Reported By:Winchester Virginia
Pentagroup Financial, LLC
5959 Corporate Drive, Suite 1400 Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Pentagroup Financial, LLC Harassment from Pentagroup for about two years - Excessive calling at all hours! Houston Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: proof

I had a Dell account that my husband paid off in May 2003. We got a letter from another collection agency telling us that we could do a settlement, so my husband went ahead and took the deal, paying this other collection agency $1467.40 with a balance of $400 something that was written off. Well, the same company I paid this to, a couple years later contacted me about the $400 + change. They soon discovered that 2 extra numbers were added to my original account to make it look like a 2nd account and told me they wouldn't contact me again about it and they were sorry.

I called Dell and asked them if I still owed this and they told me NO! So, a couple years ago, PENTAGROUP FINANCIAL, LLC. contacted me about the same $400+. I told them that I didn't owe anything and it was taken care of. They refused to take a credit report or any other paperwork from me stating this. My husband and I have been putting up with these people for around 2 years now. No matter what we say, they don't listen!! I've asked them to send proof that I owe this and of course, they can't. My husband told them to just take us to court and the man said "Oh, we can't do that." Whatever! I don't appreciated trying to be frauded! I have never, ever given them any bank or credit card info. If I truly owed this, it would have been paid LONG ago. We talked to our lawyer and he informed us to not take the calls or send anything to them.

I really wish these people would stop harassing! They have sooo many different phone numbers that they call from. Some say Pentagroup and some just say "Unknown". They called me from 2 different phone numbers today; 4 times within 15 mins!!!!!!

Good luck to everyone else out there dealing with this place!

Dee
Winchester, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2008 03:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pentagroup-Financial-LLC/Houston-Texas-77036/Pentagroup-Financial-LLC-Harassment-from-Pentagroup-for-about-two-years-Excessive-calli-394580. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pentagroup Financial, LLC

#1 Consumer Suggestion

proof

AUTHOR: Jimhenry - (U.S.A.)

dee,

you must understand that these collectors hear "i don't owe this" all of the time.

they can't just take your word for it..... a collectors mindset is "everyone is lying"... and honestly.. can you blame them?

when i worked there. I'd hear it all the time.. "it's fraud, it's not mine".. yeah yeah....

but in your case.. you did a settlement.. good for you.. the problem isn't pentagroup. it's the last collection agency who did the settlement.. they didn't file it correctly..

easy fix!

contact the OLD collection agency.. ask for a letter (if you dont already have one) showing that you did a settlement and you paid it.. then call pentagroup... ask for their fax.. and presto! your credit it clean! they will update the info. send it back to dell and you'll be done..

make sure you have the settlement agreement... make sure you have proof that you paid it..

but don't go threatening these collectors with court and attorneys..
don't ignore them.. cause your credit report is being destroyed.. just get the info and from now on.. keep all your paperwork!!!!

good day!