Complaint Review: Pentagroup Financial

• Submitted: Tue, February 08, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, February 08, 2005

• Reported By:Port Saint Lucie Florida
Pentagroup Financial
5959 Corporate Drive, Suite 1400 Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Pentagroup Financial ripoff, NO RECORD OF PAYMENT, PROOF SENT OVER AND OVER AND OVER..... Houston Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Try This

On November 15, 2004 I recieved a phone call from Pentagroup about a debt that was legitimately mine. When they asked if I was ready to pay, I explained that I was willing to pay a certain amount, but had been rejected by the previous collection agency. The woman stated that what she had as the total was low enough to accept my offer. So I proceeded to pay the agreed upon amount over the telephone with an electronic check. .

Two weeks later, I recieved yet another phone call from Pentagroup asking me to pay the account. Red FLags everywhere! I was told there was no payment posted to this account. I explained that I had paid, that the money had been removed from my account the same evening I gave permission to take it, etc.

I was asked to fax a copy of the check to the new CSR for Pentagroup, and it would be taken care of.
I have since faxed three times, and certified mailed this same copy of the check to Pentagroup. I assumed after the mailing that it would resolve the problem. The CSR called me yesterday and 'very kindly, surprisingly' stated that she did not understand why she couldn't close this account, and why she wasn't able to get the info I was providing.

I am at a loss as to what to do with this sistuation. The account goes back to the original debtor in 6 days. The amount paid was over 400 dollars - not small change to me.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I just want credit where credit is due.

Jennifer
Port Saint Lucie, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2005 06:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pentagroup-Financial/Houston-Texas-77036/Pentagroup-Financial-ripoff-NO-RECORD-OF-PAYMENT-PROOF-SENT-OVER-AND-OVER-AND-OVER-130515. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pentagroup Financial

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Try This

AUTHOR: S.n. - (U.S.A.)

Make copies of everything, including any logs of telephone conversations or faxes sent you may have. Send it all certified mail, return receipt requested, to the collection agency along with any "settlement" offer they have given you even if it was verbal and not in writing. CC everything to the Texas Attorney General's office and the Florida Attorney General's office. Request they investigate the money that appears to be "missing". Good luck.