Complaint Review: Pentagroup Financial

• Submitted: Wed, September 19, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, September 19, 2007

• Reported By:Riverside California
Pentagroup Financial
3065 Union Rd. Orchard Park, New York U.S.A.

Pentagroup Financial Unauthorized withdrawals from bank account Orchard Park New York

I had an old credit card that went into collections, and after being repeatedly harrassed by Mr. Fitzpatrick at Pentagroup decided to start paying off my debt. I (stupidly) gave him my bank number and authorized him to take 6 payments of 150 out of my account, when the sixth month came up I received a call from Mr. Fitzpatrick saying it was time to do another agreement. I told him fine keep taking out 150 for another six months, he said that 150 was no longer enough. I told him that if he faxed me an agreement I may be able to pay 200 a month, giving him no authorization. I did receive a fax, but it was not an agreement it was a standard collection letter.

After repeatedly trying to reach him and tell him that I needed more documentation I gave up and forgot about it. A week or two later 200 disappeared from my account, I called Pentagroup and asked them why they did this, the rep. I talked to shouted at me and said that I owe them money and they can take money out of my account any time they want, when I tried to protest the jerk hung up on me.

I called my bank and managed to get the charge reversed (hour phone call) but they said that there was nothing they could do to if the company tries again next month. I now have to open a new checking account so they cannot get into my account. I have filed a report with the FTC and the American Collectors Association.

Thsi company has horrible business practices and horribly rude reps, and if you do owe on an account they have "purchased" call your original creditor and try to settle with them as these jerks are not to be trusted.

Justin
Riverside, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2007 10:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pentagroup-Financial/Orchard-Park-New-York-14127/Pentagroup-Financial-Unauthorized-withdrawals-from-bank-account-Orchard-Park-New-York-275328. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pentagroup Financial