Complaint Review: People Helping People

• Submitted: Tue, July 13, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, February 10, 2011

• Reported By: Dont be a sucker — Los Angeles California United States of America
People Helping People
8500 Balboa Boulevard Suite 216 Northridge, California United States of America

People Helping People (PHP) REVIEW: PHP Financial Services: Commitment to customer satisfaction. Research of its financial products & business opportunity. PHP implemented strategic changes to insure client satisfaction and associate success.
*UPDATE: Recognized by Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Program as a verified safe business service PHP recognizes complaints posted on Ripoff Report (whether true or not) are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored. Clients should feel confident & secure when doing business with PHP.

*Author of original report: They Never Got Back to Me.

*General Comment: PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE is MLM SCAM!

*UPDATE Employee: People Helping People Employment Oppurtunity? Maybe.

*Author of original report: The Correct Address is 8550 Balboa-People Helping People (BAH HUMBUG)

Rip-off Report REVIEW:

Editors UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to People Helping People; PHP Agency for its commitment to excellence in customer service.

Ripoff Reports discussions with PHP have uncovered an ongoing commitment by the company to total client and associate satisfaction. This means that clients and associates can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns. PHP listens carefully to complaints and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.

PHP is committed to mutually beneficial relationships with all of their clients and business trainees past, present and those in the future. [continued below]....
..... PHP has joined the Corporate Advocacy Program because they are committed to resolve any and all client and associate issues. PHP's founder and CEO, Patrick Bet-David stated, We take it very seriously to serve the client properly 100% of the time and consider them a part of the PHP family

After speaking with the management at PHP and emailing anyone who filed a complaint in the past, Ripoff Report is proud to give PHP a positive Rating. Patrick Bet-David, the Founder and CEO of PHP, stated We carefully consider all client complaints as constructive criticism and use them as tools to improve. Our clients and associates are the face of our business and their satisfaction is of the utmost importance. We value them above all else, and look forward to continually improving so that their experiences with PHP remain strong, consistent and positive. We are not perfect and given the number of agents and clients we have, naturally there are complaints about unsuitable agent conduct but we have always and will continue to resolve such complaints and take appropriate action against any agents who are found to have conducted themselves improperly or unethically.

In an effort to minimize complaints about the $150 to get started as a PHP associate, PHP requires that all of their directors and associates reinforce that the $150 is for the initial training only. PHP also offer a 72-hour full-refund period.

Patrick Bet-David told Ripoff Report that the PHP business model to build a business is referral based. This approach to develop referrals and clients through an agents warm market has allowed the company to share information about financial concepts to a very broad group and is the core of their success. Patrick also stated they have strict restrictions on cold calling and marketing tactics to meet all compliance issues. We work hard with our agents to avoid any miscommunication that could result in a complaint.

PHP has pledged that improper or unethical behavior by their associates is severely condoned. There are bound to be instances of unsuitable agent conduct due to the number of agents and clients they have, but appropriate action is and will always be taken to resolve any complaints.
Most importantly, PHP recognizes that complaints posted on Rip-off Report (whether true or not) are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored. If handled correctly, complaints can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Rip-off Reports Investigation PHP has made organizational changes allowing its clients and associates a more streamlined approach to problem resolution and a commitment to a positive experience. ??

In summary, after Ripoff Reports review, which included discussions with Patrick Bet-David and some associates, Ripoff Report is convinced that PHP is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client and associate satisfaction.

Read more about why consumers should feel confident when doing business with a member of Ripoff Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. Yes, its a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike.

Read about Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program,.. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT THE REPORTS THAT WAS FILED ABOUT PHP:

As a matter of policy, when a business becomes a member of the Corporate Advocacy Program they agree to allow Ripoff Report to contact every person who filed a complaint so they can make things right with them. In order to confirm that the former client or associate's complaint was resolved, Ripoff Report emailed the authors of all complaints filed about People Helping People; PHP Agency to ensure all clients and associates that contacted us back were in fact taken care of when they responded.

Be sure to see the several video testimonials about PHP can be viewed online on YouTube.

=====================
NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED
=====================

People Helping People Cathy Medina Employment Scam, Collecting Resumes at LAUSD Job fairs, faux Job Interview Northridge, California

I wanted to let you know about this company posing as a legitimate Job Interview.  While  attending a LAUDS job fair a couple of weeks ago, a woman posing as a representative of LAUSD asked participants that were in line to please present their resumes for potential review. She obtained a slew of resumes from those that were waiting in line, mine was one. A couple of days later I got a call from a Cathy Medina @ (818) 792-1279 asking if I wanted to come in for a potential interview from People Helping People. The address she gave was 8550 Balboa Boulevard Suite 216 Northridge, CA 91325. My "spidy senses" started tingling and decided to do a background check on the company.

Needless to say the link above came up from Rip Off Report. My colleague who also attended the fair received the same phone call. Please pass this information on to your constituents. It is a tough job market out here, time, gas and resources are at a premium for those who are looking for legitimate work. Thanks for your time and attention in bringing this scam to the light, for those who can potentially fall victim to this type of nonsense!

(This is an attempt to get you to buy into an MLM scheme not an legit employment opportunity)

My faux job interview was to be held on Saturday, July 17, 2010 @ noon. Needless to say I won't be there, but the joke is on them. I wish I could send someone undercover to tape this charade and them blast it on You Tube for the world to see!

She also gave me this web address:

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2010 06:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/People-Helping-People/Northridge-California-91325/People-Helping-People-PHP-REVIEW-PHP-Financial-Services-Commitment-to-customer-satisfa-622855. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on People Helping People

They Never Got Back to Me.

AUTHOR: Dont be a sucker - (USA)

LAUSD never got back to me to find out if they investigated People Helping People!

#2 General Comment

PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE is MLM SCAM!

AUTHOR: wasted my time - (United States of America)

To rebutt your rebuttal to Don't Be a Sucker re: People Helping People (PHP) as a wonderful thing anyone would be so lucky to be part of.  I totally disagree.  People Helping People firstly has a cult-like feel to it.  The 2nd meeting I went to had absolutely BLARRING Music to the point you couldn't hear yourself talk or hear others.  Next, the majority in the meetings are upline associates who won't tell you anything of consequence just shake your hand and stare at you with these empty pleading eyes of empty smile.  When they finally turn off the mind-numbing music a guy parades through the crowd like a returning hero from war, speaks to the group like he just killed sixty vietcong guerilla's! Later another private meeting with some 3 inductees including myself for over an hour.  That meeting was ok, but then the upline sponsor assoc. rushes in at the very moment it ends and leads me to another room where tells me to fill out a blue info card, a last signature page from a contract, a 1099 & a PHP application and walks out.  The last signature page of a contract?  I look at this and cannot believe he obviously doesn't want me to read the contract and just sign it blindly?  Come-on!! Is he kidding?  When he re-enters he starts telling me I MUST give him $100 for membership & internet access, I stop him and ask where the remainder of this contract is and he looks a little disjointed and curtly pulls it from his brief and reluctently hands it over!  Turns out it's a PHP Agency, LLC New Associate Agreement.  I ask him why he didn't hand me the whole thing initially, He says "This is the way PHP does Business".  I then tell him I feel pressured and I'm going to read the material & go to their website before I give him any private info and he can call me tomorrow.  He tells me the amount of questions I ask is unusual and I should feel very luck to be with PHP!

The next day the guy calls me 3 times in an hour and we go to Starbucks.  Again he says he's not used to someone asking so many questions. I tell him these questions are reasonable and can I have another sponsor and he can just take part of his commission for introducing me to PHP?  He says "Absolutely not".  I tell him his discomfort at giving info is not going to make it easier on either of us.  He says "Ok".  I added up the fees he's told me about so far and it adds up to $570, I ask if there's anything more?  Again he says "you are so thourough" which I'm sure is a comment about my many questions, then says "yes, there is the monthly fee for membership and maintenance for the website."  I say, Hey! wasn't that what the $100 is for?, he says that's for entrance to PHP not continuation of...ugh. I ask, ok Here's my paperwork, are there ANY other fees at all I need to know about?  He say "No...none."  He takes my pprwork & gives me a breakdown of basic compensation which I already read in the contract, etc, then at the very end he says, "oh and as a downline associate you must have Insurance from one of our Providers" Of course he means paying just like a client monthly primes, etc and he gets a commission on it.  I am just a bit upset, more angry at myself.  I cannot believe I ALMOST fell for this scam!!  I ask him for my information back and tell him I'll be the one to contact him.  Meeting over.

This is obviously a program whereas the upline tells you as you go along more and more $$ is expected and from what I've read they give you a false impression that you can be partime if you wish and later they whomp you with a quota of 10 new clients and 3 or more new downline associates per month.  I am happy I asked "so many questions" otherwise they might have gotten a few bucks out of me before I realized I'd been duped.

People Helping People Employment Oppurtunity? Maybe.

AUTHOR: John - (United States of America)

I read the letter from the person that attended the LAUDS job fair.  First I would like to point out that she never went on the Job Interview.   She read someone elses single post and through conjecture determined that People Helping People was not offering jobs.  We do and we still are.

So this is where I have to form conjecture because she never went on the interview and only through reading a single post was discouraged enough to post on this forum.  She felt that a job with People Helping People is not a legitimate job.

There are a lot of people that feel that if you are not paid by the hour then it is not a legitimate job, I beg to differ. (Think of anything related to sales).

People Helping People is a Financial Services company and it isnt for everyone.  That fact and to work for People Helping People you must be licensed by the state of California and go through a background check is why we hold job interviews.

It is however, a wonderful job for me.  Keep in mind that times have changed and you may need to be prepared to change your mind-set about getting paid hourly.  During my research in preparation for my retirement I came across this company.  I attended a job interview and was interested.  I was not pushed, pressured nor given false information.  Two weeks later I went back and signed up to be an agent.

This is not the Financial Services business of our Grandfathers nor even our Fathers.  This is the business as it has transformed for the 2000s and for the younger generation.  The training is excellent.  I smile at the compensation.  Periodically I am able to feel the satisfaction that I have helped a family to set them on a path to get out of debt, save for college, pay off their home and even to begin a new rewarding career.

This company is so ground-breaking and doing such wonderful help for families that Glenn Beck began endorsing People Helping People in September 2010.  He has invited our Chairman, Mr. Patrick Be-David to be on his show Friday, October 22 at 5pm (EST).  In addition, Mr. Bet-David hosts a hour show on radio station KKLA at 12noon every Sunday.  He truly believes in helping families.  I just wish that I had found this company five years ago.  I would have been able to retire already.  In the end I hope that the lady from LAUSD finds her job.

The Correct Address is 8550 Balboa-People Helping People (BAH HUMBUG)

AUTHOR: Dont be a sucker - (USA)

I wanted to let you know about this company posing as a legitimate business opportunity. While I was attending a Job Fair a couple of weeks ago, a woman posing as a representative of LAUSD asked participants that were in line to please present their resumes for potential review. She obtained a slew of resumes from those that were waiting in line, mine was one. A couple of days later I got a call from a Cathy Medina @ (818) 792-1279 asking if I wanted to come in for a potential interview from People Helping People. The address she gave was 8550 Balboa Boulevard Suite 216 Northridge CA 91325. My "spidy senses" started tingling and decided to do a background check on the company.

Needless to say the link above came up. My colleague who also attended the fair received the same phone call. Please pass this information on to your constituents. It is a tough job market out here, time, gas and resources are at a premium for those who are looking for legitimate work. Thanks for your time and attention in bringing this scam to the light, for those who can potentially fall victim to this type of nonsense!
(This is an attempt to get you to buy into an MLM scheme not an employment opportunity)

She also gave me this web address: