• Report: #820384

• Updated: Thu, July 19, 2012

• Reported By: cindyc — los angeles California United States of America
People Helping People
warner center woodland hills, California United States of America

People Helping People (PHP) REVIEW: PHP Financial Services: Commitment to customer satisfaction. Research of its financial products & business opportunity. PHP implemented strategic changes to insure client satisfaction and associate success.
*UPDATE: Recognized by Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Program as a verified safe business service PHP recognizes complaints posted on Ripoff Report (whether true or not) are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored. Clients should feel confident & secure when doing business with PHP.

*Consumer Comment: Anyone can post negative comment, but can you post a positive comment?.

*Consumer Comment: Dear Julius Hammond

*UPDATE Employee: Before you Judge please know what you are talking about!!!

*General Comment: People Helping People Scam? What?

*Consumer Comment: Hello Mr or Mrs Anonymous. I'm more than happy to help find the right information.

*Consumer Comment: Andre & Paul P are hoping to make money off you with PHP

*Consumer Comment: Don't be so quick to judge, without having all the facts.

*UPDATE Employee: Don't be so quick to judge, without having all the facts.

*General Comment: Credibility - People Helping People - Scam

Rip-off Report REVIEW:

Editors UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to People Helping People; PHP Agency for its commitment to excellence in customer service.

Ripoff Reports discussions with PHP have uncovered an ongoing commitment by the company to total client and associate satisfaction. This means that clients and associates can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns. PHP listens carefully to complaints and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.

PHP is committed to mutually beneficial relationships with all of their clients and business trainees past, present and those in the future. PHP has joined the Corporate Advocacy Program because they are committed to resolve any and all client and associate issues. PHP's founder and CEO, Patrick Bet-David stated, We take it very seriously to serve the client properly 100% of the time and consider them a part of the PHP family

After speaking with the management at PHP and emailing anyone who filed a complaint in the past, Ripoff Report is proud to give PHP a positive Rating. Patrick Bet-David, the Founder and CEO of PHP, stated We carefully consider all client complaints as constructive criticism and use them as tools to improve. Our clients and associates are the face of our business and their satisfaction is of the utmost importance. We value them above all else, and look forward to continually improving so that their experiences with PHP remain strong, consistent and positive. We are not perfect and given the number of agents and clients we have, naturally there are complaints about unsuitable agent conduct but we have always and will continue to resolve such complaints and take appropriate action against any agents who are found to have conducted themselves improperly or unethically.

In an effort to minimize complaints about the $150 to get started as a PHP associate, PHP requires that all of their directors and associates reinforce that the $150 is for the initial training only. PHP also offer a 72-hour full-refund period.

Patrick Bet-David told Ripoff Report that the PHP business model to build a business is referral based. This approach to develop referrals and clients through an agents warm market has allowed the company to share information about financial concepts to a very broad group and is the core of their success. Patrick also stated they have strict restrictions on cold calling and marketing tactics to meet all compliance issues. We work hard with our agents to avoid any miscommunication that could result in a complaint.

PHP has pledged that improper or unethical behavior by their associates is severely condoned. There are bound to be instances of unsuitable agent conduct due to the number of agents and clients they have, but appropriate action is and will always be taken to resolve any complaints.
Most importantly, PHP recognizes that complaints posted on Rip-off Report (whether true or not) are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored. If handled correctly, complaints can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Rip-off Reports Investigation PHP has made organizational changes allowing its clients and associates a more streamlined approach to problem resolution and a commitment to a positive experience. ??

In summary, after Ripoff Reports review, which included discussions with Patrick Bet-David and some associates, Ripoff Report is convinced that PHP is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client and associate satisfaction.

Read more about why consumers should feel confident when doing business with a member of Ripoff Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. Yes, its a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike.

Read about Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program,.. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT THE REPORTS THAT WAS FILED ABOUT PHP:

As a matter of policy, when a business becomes a member of the Corporate Advocacy Program they agree to allow Ripoff Report to contact every person who filed a complaint so they can make things right with them. In order to confirm that the former client or associate's complaint was resolved, Ripoff Report emailed the authors of all complaints filed about People Helping People; PHP Agency to ensure all clients and associates that contacted us back were in fact taken care of when they responded.

Be sure to see the several video testimonials about PHP can be viewed online on YouTube.

=====================
NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED
=====================

People Helping People PHP dream stealers woodland hills, California

I want you all to know that this company is not what they tell the world they are.  They are only interestred in getting you to join and then to recruit others to join.  They could care less if you ever get  to make money.  They charge $150 to join, this is money that only goes to the corporate office. They send you out a box filled with maybe 50 dollars worth of sales material and a couple of books.  Most people have been with the company since it was part of WFG and still have not made any money.  One of the MD hired over 800 people on his team in 2011 and only 70 or 80 come to meetings and of those only 25 or 30 write business.  On their leaders board where they show all the people who wrote business only 250 agents a month write business out of over 5000 agents,  The insurance business is a great business but I would  not do it with this company.  You are better off getting your license and signing up with a broker where you will make 80% of what they get paid not 30% of that 80%.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2012 11:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/People-Helping-People/woodland-hills-California-/People-Helping-People-PHP-REVIEW-PHP-Financial-Services-Commitment-to-customer-satisfa-820384. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on People Helping People

Anyone can post negative comment, but can you post a positive comment?.

AUTHOR: Andre - (United States of America)

Yelp will remove your positive post about a company until the company pays a large fee and pay a monthly fee. Myself and many more have a lot of good & positive things to say about People Helping People, but we are restricted from posting our comments. Here is an email, I got from yelp  then you be the judge.

Hi there,

We wanted to let you know that we've removed your review of People Helping People. Our Support team has determined that it falls outside our Content Guidelines (http://www.yelp.com/guidelines) because it appears as though you are or were an employee of the business you reviewed.

We hope you will continue to participate on Yelp while keeping our Content Guidelines in mind.

Removed Content:
After 8 months of being part of PHP, People Helping People, I'm still excited about being part of this great organization. I got my life license and was writing business on my own within 30 days. I got started in Los Angeles, CA, but then I had to go back to Chicago for family business. I had a couple of deaths in the family, a family member started dialysis and I had to evict a family out of my house. Last year was a rocky one, but I got thru it. I'm now back in sunny Los Angeles. I'm love the weather here, its a big difference than the midwest. Since I've been back, I've gotten nothing but love from PHP. The training is off the chain and I'm already writing business again. What other company will welcome you back with open arms after being away for several months. I'm staying in Los Angeles to build my business, help families and enjoy the weather for a few months or at least until it warms up in Chicago. Then I'm taking my training and experience back to Chicago.

Andre J

Regards,
Woodrow
Yelp User Support
San Francisco, California

Dear Julius Hammond

AUTHOR: wasted my time - (United States of America)

I am sure by your comments you are one of the people who needs to be warned...I do NOT doubt you are a very kind and helpful person with full intent to help others.  My condolences for your great loss. Yet, How much MONEY did you already give them by that time.  How much money did you seem capable of giving them by your enthusiasm?  Please BEWARE!  I will pray for you to see how much this takes program takes and DOES NOT GIVE BACK!  It will be unending financial requirements and exhausting.  Please goto yelp.com as well and other websites that are reporting on this scam.  Please sir.

Before you Judge please know what you are talking about!!!

AUTHOR: Julius hammond - (United States of America)

Well first of all we always judge things, people and businesses before we have knowledge on what we are judging. This is what gets us in trouble as a society, prejudging people, places and things in our lives. Now with that being said, People Helping People is a phenomonal company. They are truly out to help families and individuals achieve there success in life by saving for there futures and there families futures. How many companies out there are truly and passionatly looking out for the individuals and their families? Most people and companies that I have came across are looking out just for themselves. My Grandfather just died Feb 15 2012. This is how great this company is, certain family members haven't even called to wish their condolences for my grandfather passing. P.H.P. has not only called me but are showing up to the funeral and they aren't even my intermediate family. So before you come on Rip of report and Judge a company know all of the facts about that company and not of what someone told you. In the end the only one who looks foolish is you.

Julius Hammond, Los Angeles, CA wrote this, I am not afraid to put my name on here as you can see.

God Bless, ONE LOVE!!!!

#4 General Comment

People Helping People Scam? What?

AUTHOR: Paul Powers - (United States of America)

Let's stop spreading false information about a great company. If you have an issue, go to the company directly and address you issues.

Anyone that wants to get the truth about People Helping People should do their own research and verify whether these posts have any validity or not.

Below are a few links that can start you on your journey for the truth.

Have a great day!
Paul Powers
818-397-7455

AUTHOR: Andre - (United States of America)

So you have my name, but I don't know yours. I'm starting to believe that you are not a real person. If you have something to say, please have the courage to at least state your full name and not hide behind a keyboard. Here is a link to the information that somehow you could not find. It only has 2400 views, but you know how fast good, positive news travels.

Also our CEO was on the Glenn Beck show. Personally I'm not a fan of Glenn Beck, but I would believe that Glenn Beck, being a journalist, Fox News & their lawyers did a little deeper research. If you need anymore help with finding any truthful infomation, please just ask.

God Bless
Andre

Andre & Paul P are hoping to make money off you with PHP

AUTHOR: wasted my time - (United States of America)

Listen to their sales pitch, yeah well I wasn't quick to judge.  I attended (5) meetings even though my little voice was telling me to get the heck outta there a few times!  I gave them the benefit of the doubt and fortunately found out before it was too late they were just telling me what I would want to hear and that garden path lead to more and more hidden fees.  Also beware these comparisons to established Corporations and so-called endorsements who are represented as literally spokesmen for PHP, these leaders of industry as in Steve Wozniak!  I would like to read a direct quote by any of these celebrated movers & shakers that they profess as staunch supporters of PHP yet I could not find one, only from these PHP associates.  Read the numerous complaints and experiences from others that wasted their time as well here at ripoffreport and yelp.com, etc.

Basically this is a pyramid-based MLM structured scam which requires associates to provide a monthly quota of numerous down-line newbies like yourself in order to keep feeding the people above in the pyramid.  Supporting the upper
structure of the pyramid is the sole reason you exist and it won't be disclosed to you there is a quota on how many other unfortunate newbies you must bring in until you're fully entrenched financially by initial fees (usually $100-150), members fees, internet maintenance fees, license fees, convention fees, etc.  Oh, and they'll impart this other little tidbit after a time that you must be a policy holder of their insurance in order to be able to help people not to mention they will tack on more & more fees as you get pulled in further and further.
The income/revenue for PHP is significantly based on the new associates.  The fact is in this depressed economy these cockroaches come out of the woodwork even in daylight when there are more vulnerable people searching for jobs and ways to save their family home from foreclosure, etc. When I went to the initial meeting at PHP it was because it was falsely
described by a PHP rep as a "networking" Marketing group of business ppl. The meeting consisted of about 75 people milling about with this loud blaring music that I surmised later to be a mind-numbing tactic that even cults use to keep you from focusing on what is really happening.
Also, most of these people are newly inducted associates and PHP veterans who are supposed to introduce themselves to newbies like myself and tell them how great it is being a member over and over, it had the opposite effect on me and which made me think think they're a bit strange & this could be Scientology or some other cult group!  A bit weird from the very beginning, but I stayed because of curiosity as to what these guys were going to pull next.  This guy came to the podium
and he had way too much coffee or something! So much that I thought he was going to instruct us to do jumping-jacks any minute.  After an hour of this speakers' energetic endorsement of PHP and repeated shouting & applause from the lemming audience the "newbies" like myself were herded into smaller rooms and then were lectured by a speaker on how ridiculous it is not to be as smart & rich as he is basically.
Lastly they sent me into an individual room with an up-line associate who tells how lucky I am to be allowed into PHP and for me to give him $100 for my initial membership then sign on the last page of an agreement and doesn't give you all of it to read.  He was visibly perturbed by my questions as to other costs, commission percentages, lead lists and where is the rest of the agreement dude???  Finally he leaves the room & reluctantly gives me the remainder of the agreement and again asks that I sign it right then and there & give him the required payment! I tell him I'll look it over and wish to leave.  He asks me if he can call me tomorrow for coffee.  I say ok and he repeatedly calls me the next morning.  When I meet him for coffee he
coincidentally meets another member of PHP (what a serendipity!) who also tells me what an enormous honor it is to be part of PHP...wow!
After he gives me the costs  and some more bs I ask him if there are any other fees and he assures me that the initial $100 plus membership fees, license fee and convention pkg cost are everything.  I give him my ccard info, sign the agreement and 1099.  Yes...embarrassed to admit I too was ALMOST duped and feel silly for it but then AFTER ALL THAT, he tells me I am also required to carry one of PHP's insurance policies in order to begin at which point I demand the ccard info, agreement &
1099 BACK!! PLEASE Don't be scammed, they'll tell you whatever it takes to convince you to give them your money!  Remember the saying "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't"?  This exemplifies the saying perfectly.
This warning is so you won't waste your time as many other like myself  have with this MLM (Multi-Level-Marketing) Pyramid SCAM!

Don't be so quick to judge, without having all the facts.

AUTHOR: Andre - (United States of America)

Have you ever been a real estate agent? I was a Realtor for 6 years. To work in real estate, you have to pay a fee to work with the brokerage company. Every real estate company that I know have mandatory monthly fees, desk fees or corp fees. Not to count the Realtor Association fees that are yearly and quarterly. Call any company and ask the HR department how much it cost to hiring a new employee. Its up to $500 or more. PHP only have a one-time $150 fee. Which includes your marketing material, training material, our system playbook which teaches your everything you need to know on how to be success with our company and show much more.

Personally I don't believe in quick get rich companies where you don't have to put any effort toward your own success and everyone makes money as long as you add to the pot.

I believe you have to work hard if you want to succeed in life. We are just a company with a new & different way of doing business. Would you catch more fish with a fishing pole or a large net? The old way of doing business is that you have 20 people with fishing poles trying to catch as many fish as you can, separately. Wouldn't you rather have 20 people working as a team, building a large net. Our way of business will teach you how to catch a lot more fish. Is it easy, no. But it does works. But 1st, you have to take everything you was taught and throw it out the window. Do you have the courage?

Just think about it, if you are researching PHP, than you are looking for a better opportunity for you and your family. Chances are, the decisions you have made in the past has not taken you where you want to be today or tomorrow. Maybe because you didn't step up to the plate correctly or maybe because the system you was taught in school is leaving you in the cold. Then stop looking for a solution for your situation in the same system that left you behind. Look outside the box and research the positive side & the truth about PHP, People Helping People. Check out our website, read our blogs, Facebook page, youtube channel & judge for yourself.

"You cannot solve a problem with the same level of thinking that created it." -- Albert Einstein

Remember, people didn't believe in Starbucks opening up coffee shops on every corner. People didn't believe Apple Computers would go anywhere, they called it a cult. Today people may call us different & controversial, tomorrow you will call us innovative.

If you want to know more about PHP, People Helping People, call me . I'm more than happy to share my true life experience about PHP with you. Andre 626-421-8743 - www.phpdream.com

Don't be so quick to judge, without having all the facts.

#9 General Comment

Credibility - People Helping People - Scam

AUTHOR: Paul Powers - (United States of America)

People Helping People is a great company to earn an extra part-time income. As you progress with the company, the opportunity to move into a full-time position is available.

I have always found it interesting that many people that were conditioned to have a "job" mindset believe that that same mindset should work for them in business.

Anyone that has worked to get a real estate license and become successful in that industry understands that just because you have a license doesn't mean to will be successful in real estate.

You have to put in the effort, more effort than you would put in at a "job" because it's your "business".

PHP has a system, that if you follow that system, you can do well for yourself. No one says you will become wealthy but, you do have a better shot at success with the PHP system.

You have to ask yourself, "Would an extra $1,250.00 part-time benefit my family?" If the answer is "yes", you may have an opportunity to achieve that and more. Are there any guarantees? Never! No one can guarantee your success. We can only state we have a system that works.

Also, I am willing to stand up for People Helping People my including my contact information. Anyone that would like to come to my office to discusss our company is encouraged to do so.

My name is Paul Powers and I am proud to be part of People Helping People. 818-397-7455.