Complaint Review: People In Need

• Updated: Sun, January 27, 2013

• Reported By: unknown — New Castle Pennsylvania USA
People In Need
2701 West State St New Castle, Pennsylvania United States of America

People In Need Dr Daniel Monti M.D. Their Dr Monti overdosed me on too many medications and led to 10 months in jail New Castle, Pennsylvania

*General Comment: ssri stories

I started going to this place in or around Feb of 2009. They assigned me a mental health Dr and and therapist. Well I was diagnoised  with bipolar disorder (regular family MD did that). He also gave me wrong meds and caused quite a scene in Erie PA in Jan 2009.  But that is another story.. This is about this place here that caused a very horrible time in my life for my whole family expecially my wife.

Here is my story:

They put me on all kinds of medications, Depakote ER 500MG 3 times daily, Lithium 450mg 2-3 times daily, Klonopin 6 mg daily, Valium 10 3 times daily, and between trips to 5th floor at local 5th floor here in our town they added even more medicines too me different doctors.. Geodon, Seroquel in large does. I was a walking zombie. I didn't know who I was half the time in 2010 and was on the 5th floor numerous times before a very bad incident happened.

In 2011 I moved out of my parents house and me and my wife got our own little apartment. I was all messed up from these medicines mostly Geodon and Lithium because they NEVER checked my blood levels and this was the case that caused the following incident in Feb 2011.

My wife got cut and stabbed numerous times all over her body back, arms, etc. I just blacked out from these medications and I was out of my mind and their was alcohol involved in this I consumed 5-8 can of beer slowly over hours. My wife called Human services and they called the PA state police and they came and took my wife and put me up on the 5th floor for 6 days then to the local jail here where I went through hell with guards and the like.

I had attempted murder charge against me and aggravated assault. The police and DA never wanted to press charges from day 1. They wanted me to get help at a state mental hospital but to no avail with the help of this Dr Danial Monti or People in Need or the so called Medical personal at the jail here. They just left me sit there with pre liminary hearing after preliminary hearing 7 in all after months of failed attempts to get me to a hospital because it couldn't be done without Dr Monti since he was my Dr.

Then he ups and leaves People in Need I have no idea why. I learned many things since I got out of jail after 10 months of hell. My wife never wanted charges pressed and it was all to do with this People in Need and the 5th floors failed medical practices of never monitoring blood levels of lithium or any of the others. I was overdosed my body cannot take lithium. Come on Dr on 5th floor and Monti if your sitting there and your parents are coming with you and they refuse to do anything my father went up with me to People In Need and he told them about these problems they were having with me on these medications I was out of my mind.

And since no one of these slackers would listen the so called Therapist is who my father spoke to his name was Nick and my father said they just slammed the door in his face basically saying screw you. Well thanks to them I had a year of my life taken away from me almost, a mental breakdown, bad nerves, plus my wife whom I'm with by the way wants justice against these parties Dr Monti and the 5th floor Drs for failing to do their jobs correctly. My lawyer put it right in this state the mental health system is a joke..

It cost my wife who was the suppose victim over $4000 in attorneys and legal fees and plus I got a plea for the lowest charge and I'm off now after paying them with her money. Me and her received Social security I had SSI and they cut mine and they just paid hers a little over 1200 a month for 2 people.. Its nothing.. She suffered severely mentally as did I these people are nothing but liars and just dope you up with what ever they can give you this Dr Daniel Monti who left people in need after this happened after my mother was on national TV about this.
And when I got released from jail my wife was still being treated at People in Need and they revoked her and sent her off to the local Human Service center where I now go who actually blood test your medication levels and I'm off all those rediculus drugs.

I need a lawyer who would be interested in this case. Theres some around here who are very interested in this. I wanted to warn others about this Dr Monti and this place. Not all their Dr's are bad but this one was and my wifes wasn't so good either.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2013 09:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/People-In-Need/New-Castle-Pennsylvania-16101/People-In-Need-Dr-Daniel-Monti-MD-Their-Dr-Monti-overdosed-me-on-too-many-medications-an-1004530. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on People In Need

#1 General Comment

ssri stories

AUTHOR: Iatrogenesis - ()

Medication Madness
The Role of Psychiatric Drugs in Cases
of Violence, Suicide and Murder
by Peter Breggin, M.D.

Now in paperback!

St. Martin's Press 2008
  Medication Madness reads like a medical thriller, true crime story, and courtroom drama; but it is firmly based in the latest scientific research and dozens of case studies. The lives of the children and adults in these stories, as well as the lives of their families and their victims, were thrown into turmoil and sometimes destroyed by the unanticipated effects of psychiatric drugs.  In some cases our entire society was transformed by the tragic outcomes.

Many categories of psychiatric drugs can cause potentially horrendous reactions.
Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Adderall, Ritalin, Concerta, Xanax, lithium, Zyprexa and other psychiatric medications may spellbind patients into believing they are improved when too often they are becoming worse.  Psychiatric drugs drive some people into psychosis, mania, depression, suicide, agitation, compulsive violence and loss of self-control without the individuals realizing that their medications have deformed their way of thinking and feeling.
I was screwed up by these damb drugs too, hope this info helps.