Complaint Review: People Media.com

• Updated: Tue, April 05, 2011

• Reported By: Gayle James — Vista California United States of America
People Media.com
P.O. Box 12627 Dallas, Texas United States of America

People Media.com Seniorpeoplemeet.com I only ordered one month subscription. They charged an additional set up fee of $3.95 and then automatically re-billed for another month of $14.95. I only ordered a one month subscription. Dallas, Texas

I am writing about Senior People Meet.com.  They are under the umbrella of People Media.com.  I only odered one month subscripion for $14.95.  There claim that the first month is only $14.95.  They do not tell the consumer there is a $3.95 set-up fee.  One knows this at the first billing of the credit card.
Then, they automatically re-bill at the rate of $14.95 again, when I only subscribed for one month.  I have written to the company through the People Media web-site and through e-mail to consumercare@peoplemedia.com.  I sent the e-mail to them twice and it has now bounced back to me two times.
I have a copy of the e-mail to go to their mailing address in Texas requesting the amount of the second months automatic withdrawal from my account when I never sanctioned it.  It will go out in the mail today, as apparenly they have shut off their e-mail account.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2011 10:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/People-Mediacom/Dallas-Texas-75225/People-Mediacom-Seniorpeoplemeetcom-I-only-ordered-one-month-subscription-They-charged-714039. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on People Media.com