• Report: #751928

Complaint Review: People PC Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, July 12, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, July 12, 2011

• Reported By: Outback Jack — Oakland Oregon United States of America
People PC Inc.

People PC Inc. Beware of People PCs cancaellation of service scam! Internet

I called to cancel my internet service with People PC in April and was told that because I had been with them for 5 years, they would extend my service for free for a one month period to make sure my new ISP was working satisfactorily. In June they resumed withdrawing their fee from you checking account. By the time I received a statement, they had withdrawn for July also.

I called and was told that by agreeing to the 'free' extension my account, I had agreed to continue with their service although I was told I would not have to pay any more money. Reading online forums, this scam is People PCs MO. Thankfully, I noticed their deception immediately and was not charged hundreds of dollars like some of their customers. After two calls and firm insistence, they agreed to refund for one month, but not both. We will see....

If you want to cancel your service with them 1) do not hang up until you have a cancellation number which will mean you are going to have to opt out of their free offer, and 2) if monthly charges are being charged to or withdrawn from a credit card or bank account, call the financial institution and withdraw your authorization for People PC to charge/bill your account.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2011 11:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/People-PC-Inc/internet/People-PC-Inc-Beware-of-People-PCs-cancaellation-of-service-scam-Internet-751928. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on People PC Inc.