Complaint Review: People PC

peoplepc.com Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone: 866-772-6277
  • Web:
  • Category: Internet

People PC Reinstated monthly charges after cancellation... then refused to refund. Atlanta Nationwide

I cancelled my account with People PC in January of '08 because I was in the process of moving and I would choose an Internet Provider when I'm ready to do so. The Customer Service Agent offered to allow three free months of service until my move is completed. I insisted on cancelling as I may not choose a provider for several months. But the Agent assured me there would be no further charges at all EVER unless I sign up for additional service, and the free three months were with their complements. I eventually chose a different Internet provider. On my August Amex Statement, I noticed a charge of $27.80 from People PC. I called to protest the charge. An agent agreed to cancel my service AND to refund $27.80.

On my next statement I saw that not only had they not refunded the $27.80, there was another charge of $39.19. Frustrated, I called People PC once again, speaking to two agents and one supervisor. They all told me that the $39.19 charge was applied before I complained about the $27.80 and ALL the charges are valid ($66.99 in total). The supervisor refused to refund either charge. He asked for proof that I cancelled in January even though he had a record of my calling to cancel. Further, I only ever had the basic $14.95 dial up service with them. How did they arrive at $27.80 and $39.19?????. I notice on ripoff.com that others have been similarly ripped off. How is it that this company is allowed to continue to do business. Why are their execs. not in jail instead of drawing million dollar paychecks?

PSL, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2008 02:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/People-PC/nationwide/People-PC-Reinstated-monthly-charges-after-cancellation-then-refused-to-refund-Atlanta-370660. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on People PC