Complaint Review: People Pc

• Submitted: Mon, December 29, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, January 21, 2009

• Reported By:Middleboro Massachusetts
People Pc
1375 Peachtree St,level A Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

People Pc ,People pc continues to bill, new? tactic, collection Atlanta Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Yep, be smart

*Consumer Comment: be smart!

Like many others that I have read about here. I had an 'ISP'. account with People Pc . After some time, Like others I canceled my account (or so I thought) 'In good faith' Although the Customer service rep.spoke with a Heavy Hindi accent She was nice and gave me the obligitory 'spiel' and the 'free' month(which I didn't need) but she put through my cancellation request. My wife put a stop payment on the Checking account (smart just in case they try to pull a 'fast one') All's over Ya think? Wrong!

A few months later I receive a Letter from a 'Collection Agency' Stating that I OWE some $ 39 or so bucks plus a collectors fee! So as Irate as I was I called all the above... After negotiating the 'Phone-maze' giving all the pertinate account info. 3 Times! I finally got an answer from the nice 'Nitwits' from PPC.(the Phillipines) Who assured me that my account was closed and I (as far as they Knew (at their level ) that I did not OWE any money......I requested 'Hard copy' of this.....'Stay Tuned'! Dean

Dean
Middleboro, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2008 08:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/People-Pc/Atlanta-Georgia-30309/People-Pc-People-pc-continues-to-bill-new-tactic-collection-Atlanta-Georgia-405681. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on People Pc

Yep, be smart

AUTHOR: Devilsadvocate4education*just My Opinions* - (U.S.A.)

When you cancel something, CANCEL it. Do not accept free anything as an incentive to stay with the service, and then expect your account to have been cancelled. When you agree to the free month, you are agreeing to continue with the service I think.

be smart!

AUTHOR: Charmed_04 - (U.S.A.)

Next time, if you are going to cancel an ISP account with any provider , make sure to get any cofirmation number or proof of the cancellation from the representatives of that company, so if things like this persists atleast there is something can back you up on your claim. people can be stupid sometimes.

tent