Complaint Review: People Smart

• Updated: Mon, April 15, 2013

• Reported By: Duped — Beaverton Oregon
People Smart
Omaha Nebraska Internet United States of America

People Smart Have just been charged for a "free trial" I canceled and received verification for on same day! Internet

*General Comment: I concur! I also signed up for the free trial, canceled the same day and still got billed!

On April 8th I wanted to try to find an old friend I had lost touch with. I saw the People Smart web site and
decided to give it a try.When I checked my own background I noticed right away that the information was dated.
When I looked for my friend it was more of the same.
When I realized it was a waste of time I canceled my subscription within about an hour into my 7day "free trial".
I received an email confirming my cancellation also on April 8th.
Today however I've been charged $19.95 for this "service" I CLEARLY CANCELLED.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2013 07:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/People-Smart/internet/People-Smart-Have-just-been-charged-for-a-free-trial-I-canceled-and-received-verificati-1043311. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on People Smart

#1 General Comment

AUTHOR: jan - ()

Folks, beware of peoplesmart.com and do not sign up for any of their services unless you are willing to risk having your credit card automatically charged and then this company refusing to refund your money! I made the same mistake as the person above who wrote this and also got charged $19.95 for the membership + another $19.95 for my own background check. I had to stop payment from my bank who promised they would block this company from doing this again!

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC