Complaint Review: People To People Student Ambassador Program

• Updated: Sun, November 13, 2011

• Reported By: mommie — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania United States of America
People To People Student Ambassador Program
1956 Ambassador Way Spokane, Washington United States of America

People To People Student Ambassador Program People To People Student Ambassador Program Spokane, Washington

*General Comment: PEOPLE TO PEOPLE STUDENT AMBASSADOR PRORAM

I just recieved a detailed letter from them offering my son a life-changing opportunity to travel and study in England, Ireland, Wales, and Scotland in the summer of 2012. Well this just seemed to good to be true. My son is special needs and is a real good student and has made honor roll for eight years. I thought this was so great. Well, I am so glad I found this website and now know this is a very mean scam to do to children. I am so glad that I checked it out.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2011 06:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/People-To-People-Student-Ambassador-Program/Spokane-Washington-99224/People-To-People-Student-Ambassador-Program-People-To-People-Student-Ambassador-Program-785727. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on People To People Student Ambassador Program

#1 General Comment

PEOPLE TO PEOPLE STUDENT AMBASSADOR PRORAM

AUTHOR: DEMartin - (United States of America)

I think it's very unfortunate and sad that you would not send your child on a People to People trip as a student ambassador based on other peoples comments.    And those who thought the trip was free because their child was "chosen" are living in a fantasy world.  Remember the saying, "If it's too good to be true, then it's not true?"  NO, the trip is not free, no matter how gifted your child is.

It IS a lot of money for the everyday family BUT it IS well worth it.   We sent our daughter this past summer to Europe and she came back a changed person with eyes wide opened about the world outside the USA.  Yes I was very nervous initially about sending her half way around the world with strangers, but my fears were quckly relieved through the Organization's thoroughness and knowledge of the areas and their relationship with the State Dept.

I was thankful that everythng was included in the cost ecept for spending money.  That way, I knew my child was well taken care of and was able to participate in all group activities.  When my daugher said she stood at the top of the Swiss Alps and could onlly think about what was ahead of them on the trip, it really touched me.  She felt the world was at her fingertips!  She has made friends across the world and thanks to technology they talk all the time.  The leaders who accompanied the group of 40 kids (ratio of 10 to 1) were teachers and were great!  My child is a drama queen, high maintenance, and survived the trip with the TLC she received from all the leaders!!  This is truly a trip of a lifetime!!