Complaint Review: PeopleFinders

• Submitted: Sat, January 28, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, January 28, 2006

• Reported By:canton Georgia
PeopleFinders
peoplefinders.com , California U.S.A.

PeopleFinders False Advertising, Wrong Information, Total Rip-Off California

Wanted to search for a marriage record. Registered and signed up for the 24hr pass at 19.95. After they charged me I tried searching, turns out they do not search the state I was looking for! They should have stated that they do not search all states. The other information I looked up was info I could have looked up in the phone book, the other info was totally wrong (birthdates, ages, relatives.)

I've filed a BBB report, emailed the company since they state if not satisfied will receive refund. I'm not holding my breath.

Kelly
canton, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2006 05:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PeopleFinders/California/PeopleFinders-False-Advertising-Wrong-Information-Total-Rip-Off-California-173649. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PeopleFinders