Complaint Review: PeopleFinders

• Submitted: Wed, February 19, 2014
  • Updated: Wed, February 19, 2014

• Reported By: Jackie — Chandler Arizona
Internet USA

PeopleFinders www.peoplefinders.com Misleading Signing up for 7 day free trial that you can cancel within 7 days or be billed 24.99 each Month. I received email that my acct was charged .98 Then my bank statement shows deductions of $24.95 and $24.97 When I called to inquire about this, people finders said I had canceled my the same day therefore they would only credit one of the charges. does not appear Internet

Beware of peoplefinders.com

I ordered 7 day free trial subsription from peoplefinders.com, with the understanding that I could cancel by calling within the 1st 7 days.   If I didnt cancel I would be charged 24.99 per month.

I received a email from peoplefinders stating that I was charged .98 Then, upon reveiwing bank statement.   I was charge $24.95 and 24.97.

So, I called,  they informed me that I had canceled the same day I ordered. This was not true! Peoplefinders  then proceeded to tell me that they could and would credit one of the two charges but, would not do both.  after I said my intentions were to report them they then told me that they were not going to credit any of the charges.  When I asked to speak to a supervisor they dirrected the call to a answering machine.

So, I called back they rep said they would credit one of the two charges.  I have not received it yet,  I do have email from them that says I should have $24.95 back in my bank in 3-5 days.   Beware of this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2014 01:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PeopleFinders/internet/PeopleFinders-wwwpeoplefinderscom-Misleading-Signing-up-for-7-day-free-trial-that-you-c-1124846. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PeopleFinders