Complaint Review: PeopleLookup.com - Intelius

• Submitted: Sat, March 01, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, March 01, 2008

• Reported By:Fargo North Dakota
PeopleLookup.com - Intelius
500 108th Ave NE #1660 Bellevue, Washington U.S.A.

PeopleLookup.com - Intelius Unauthorized charges on my account stemming from Peoplelookup.com Bellevue Washington

The first transaction with PeopleLookup.com was no problem... $4.95 to do a reverse lookup on a phone number for an address. The second transaction gave me incorrect and incomplete information (just an incorrect first name, said it was AT&T and it was Verizon, said it was a land line and it was a cell phone).

Now, I found unauthorized monthly charges on my account from a PMIDENTITY.COM for $19.95. My bank immediately canceled my card leaving me at 5pm on friday, 7-months pregnant with a 1-year-old and no gas or money since I couldn't use my debit/visa/atm card. Not to mention this happened when rent was due. Headache!

PMIDENTITY.COM claims I clicked on a $10 refund banner and they sent me an email stating I enrolled in their program. Not true. I am internet savy and have ordered online for years. I always read the fine print and have never had this problem.

PMIDENTITY.COM now wants me to fax them my bank statement with the overdraft charges (and only if it was the $19.95 charge that made me overdraft). I don't think so!

This identity theft company steals money from my accound and now wants me to send them my info! Report them!

PeopleLookup.com is an Intelius company. Same address.

Fargo, North Dakota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2008 03:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PeopleLookupcom-Intelius/Bellevue-Washington-98004/PeopleLookupcom-Intelius-Unauthorized-charges-on-my-account-stemming-from-Peoplelookup-313709. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PeopleLookup.com - Intelius