Complaint Review: PeopleLookup.com - Intelius

• Submitted: Mon, December 14, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, December 14, 2009

• Reported By: Big Ed — Beaverton Oregon United States of America
PeopleLookup.com - Intelius

PeopleLookup.com - Intelius They gave my information to a company called mvq-valmax this company charged me 19.99 a month for 6 months Internet

I looked up someone for a friend using peoplelookup.com.
I read their terms of agreement. It did not mention being signed up with any company.

Well six months later while checking out my credit card statements. I noticed an unusual charge. It said mvq valmax and was for 19.95
So I called the number to inquire about the charge. They told me that it was a subscription that I  signed up for when I used peoplelookup and that I had the option to cancel within the first month for no charges.

Well people lookup never mentioned this. not on their page, not on there FAQ. They nor MVQ valmax emailed me to inform me of my membership number for valmax.(It turned out I had a membership number when I investigated 6 months later.) so I was unaware of being signed up for anything or of being a member of such.

I informed my credit card company which got them to refund the last months payment. Then and only then did they send an email. Telling me that I quit my subscription and that they hope my experience shopping with them was an enjoyable one.

So basically I got taken for 103 dollars instead of the agreed apon 3 dollar search which did not yield positive results anyway since I could not get back the previous 5 months biling. Word of advice. Check your credit card statement every month.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2009 11:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PeopleLookupcom-Intelius/internet/PeopleLookupcom-Intelius-They-gave-my-information-to-a-company-called-mvq-valmax-this-539078. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PeopleLookup.com - Intelius