Complaint Review: PeoplePC

• Submitted: Fri, March 02, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, March 02, 2007

• Reported By:san jose California
PeoplePC
P.O. Box 26909 San Francisco, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 888-587-9669
  • Web:
  • Category: Internet

PeoplePC Unauthorized Credit Card Charges Ripoff San Francisco California

I want to report a concern regarding PeoplePC internet services.

In October 2006, I called PeoplePC for help to install PeoplePC internet. The representative on the phone set up the account for me, but I was never able to log on due to computer problem. So, on the same phone call, I told him to cancel the service. He said that he would give me two months free, and I repeatedly refused the two months free and told him that I did not want it. I called back the next day to confirm that my account was cancelled.

Two months later, in December 2006, my credit card was charged $10.95 by PeoplePC. I called PeoplePC and was credited back the $10.95, and again confirmed that the service is cancelled this time. One month later, in January 2007, my credit card was charged again for $10.95 by PeoplePC.

I have called PeoplePC many times to question the charges and to confirm that the service is cancelled. When you call them and select the option to cancel the service, they put you on hold for 20-30 minutes, have system problem, tell you that they will transfer you to the appropriate department and then hang up on you, or tell you that the cancellation department is closed. I sent them an email and the reply was they cannot handle my request via email and to call their telephone number.

PeoplePC still sign you up for free two months trail even when you refuse it. Then, they charge your credit card if you don't have a cancellation number. I kept the cancellation number when I called in October 2006 but threw it away after my credit was not charged the next month in November 2006. Since I refused their free two months offer, I figured I did not need to keep the cancellation number anymore when I was not charged in November 2006.

PeoplePC billed my credit card on December 2006 (after the two free months). They refused to credit me back for December 2006 charge saying I did not have a cancellation number. They charged me again in January 2007 and then credited it back just to say that they credited me back.

They still need to credit me back the $10.95 charge for December 2006. They should have never charged my credit card, and I shouldn't have to keep calling them. I am still unable to contact anyone at PeoplePC billing/cancellation department. I have contacted my bank to tell them about the charges from PeoplePC.

Joanna
san jose, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2007 04:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PeoplePC/San-Francisco-California-94126-0909/PeoplePC-Unauthorized-Credit-Card-Charges-Ripoff-San-Francisco-California-237857. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PeoplePC