Complaint Review: PeoplePC

• Updated: Mon, February 19, 2007

• Reported By:wiilson North Carolina
PeoplePC
peoplepc.com Internet U.S.A.

PeoplePC cannot cancel on website-have to call to cancel acct-did not work when called-had to disput w/ credit card company Wilson North Carolina Internet

Signed up for the 3 month special PeoplePC offers. The web site service was ok. When it came time for renewal or cancel, their website and FAQ had NO place to cancel my account.

Had to call them up to cancel and the first time they said all their systems were down, at 11:30am on a weekday and to call back. Ok, so I called back and they said the same thing. I followed their telephone que as instructed and nded up in a "cancel my acct" que which I think the representatatives were instructed to say this but I cannot prove it. Very time-consuming to cancel my PeoplePC acct.

Called back and went toa different que and explained the situation and that I wanted to cancel. They said ok but would I be willing to stay on for free service for awhile. I said ok. Well my credit card was billed anyway and when I called they had NO RECORD or my CONFIRMATION # for this "free service". HaHaHa... so I called my credit card company and had their charge put into dispute.

Sorry a** company!

Surf
wiilson, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2007 12:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PeoplePC/internet/PeoplePC-cannot-cancel-on-website-have-to-call-to-cancel-acct-did-not-work-when-called-had-236497. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PeoplePC