Complaint Review: PeoplePC

• Updated: Tue, July 22, 2008

• Reported By:Tallahassee Florida
PeoplePC
peoplepc.com/ Nationwide U.S.A.

PeoplePC I cancelled all service in June, then noticed charges from my checking for June & July after cancelling Internet

I cancelled PeoplePC service in June 2008 after switching service to Embarq high-speed. They tried to give me complimentary email service for being a valued customer, but I declined and told them I wanted my account to be completely closed. I noticed a charge to my checking acct for $1.95 at the end of June and assumed it was partial month charges. In July I saw the same charge of $1.95 from my checking acct. I then realized they were taking money out of my account for some unknown reason.

I called PeoplePC July 22, 2008 and they stated that charge was for email service. They said when I called in June, I changed my internet account to email only. I replied, no, I cancelled everything back in June and wanted a full reimbursement. They then "transferred" me to a techinal department but the line was somehow disconnected.

I immediately called back and tried talking to a different dept(cancellations). Same info as before. When I demanded to speak to a supervisor, the employee just kept speaking over me and said I would have to speak to a different dept. that it was a billing issue and not a cancellation issue. I stated that no, I cancelled all services back in June and that PeoplePC employee's did not do this as requested by me. The conversation got very loud and she again "transferred" me to a different department. And again the line was some how disconnected.

I called back again and then reached the billing department. She did agree with what had been stated before but she told me I could call back in 2 business days to get a refund. Because one of my charged fees was still pending from my bank. She did confirm that in their records, I called on June 9th but did not cancel but only change my acct. I then again told her, no I had cancelled everything. I advised her I would be hiring an atorney if my money was not refunded.

After reading on the internet that other people are having the same thing happen to them, I then contacted my bank and stopped any further payments from that account. They issued a new debit card so that People PC could not take any more money from my acct. I also contacted the Better Business Bureau and filed a report. I will start an email that will be forwarded to inform people of the deception of this company. I am interested in any coalition to bring awareness to the evil actions of PeoplePC.

Lowery
Tallahassee, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2008 10:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PeoplePC/nationwide/PeoplePC-I-cancelled-all-service-in-June-then-noticed-charges-from-my-checking-for-June--354189. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PeoplePC