Complaint Review: PeopleSmart.com

• Updated: Sun, January 16, 2011

• Reported By: Dan — Morgan Hill California United States of America
PeopleSmart.com

PeopleSmart.com Bait & Switch Internet

Using the Internet as a reverse phone number lookup, PeopleSmart.com pops up with a splash page that they have the name of the number I entered. Ok, that sounds great, then I learn of a small fee. A couple of bucks a month for 1 year service paid in advance for Unlimited service. Ok, I may not need a year of service but the price is right. They ding my CC for $35. Ok, so who is this bloke calling? PeopleSmart.com responds with "they dont have the information", but dont worry they wont deduct the 25 credits from my account of 25 credits. WHAT? So what is this credit stuff? Yes, you buy credits once you have an account. $35 for 150 creditsand they dont tell you how many credit are used for what!

I first thought that I misread something on the PeopleSmart.com splash page, so I did it again with another number and before I signed in to PeopleSmart.com and sure enough it was misleading that they had the information to the number I washunting. Once I signed in they reported there was"NO" information available. Thats ok because they didnt deduct 25 credits from my account of 25 credits.

Bottom line they get $2.95 a month (paid in advance with your CC on file & automatic renewal ouch!) for not doing anything. If you use the service, and I suspect you could find what is available on the Internet with a simple search, you use credits and for me the first use was 25 credits for a name to a phone number. I am speculating that if you wanted an address as well it could cost you 50 or 100 credits. This service could get VERY expensive. No thank you - I am cancelling this service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2011 12:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PeopleSmartcom/internet/PeopleSmartcom-Bait-Switch-Internet-683289. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PeopleSmart.com