Complaint Review: PeopleSmart.com

• Submitted: Sat, October 02, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, October 02, 2010

• Reported By: Sandi — Cuba New York United States of America
PO Box 391146, Internet United States of America

PeopleSmart.com People Smart, said they could give me the name attached to a certain cell phone number and then didn't provide it, Internet

I have had an issue with someone using our credit card to access DISH services and was finally able to get a phone number for DISH network (which is not our number) but they didn't know who the person was.  So, I went on whitepages.com which directed me to Peoplesmart.com and because this DISH account is charging us hundreds of dollars for services that someone else is using I figured I would access this information for $9.95 to find out the name of this person who is committing fraud so it could be reported.  When I authorized this amount, the information came back that they didn't know who the person was but would give me 25 credits on another search.  I don't want another search - I want to know who is committing this criminal act.  Please don't fall for this bait & switch con through whitepages.com.  I thought $9.95 was worthwhile to save hundreds of dollars - but obviously I have been screwed over again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2010 07:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PeopleSmartcom/internet/PeopleSmartcom-People-Smart-said-they-could-give-me-the-name-attached-to-a-certain-cell-646825. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PeopleSmart.com