Complaint Review: Peoplefinder.com

• Submitted: Thu, December 27, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, February 14, 2013

• Reported By: Tim — Las Vegas Nevada United States of America
Peoplefinder.com

Peoplefinder.com whyinfo1.com Peoplefinder should be banned from the Internet Internet

*Author of original report: Credited

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Recordfee.com

I had hoped to find a person who struck my car and left with me insufficient information to keep in touch with her. I searched the internet to find Peoplefinder.com, one "free" search, you just follow the yellow brick road.
I took the bait and typed in the name and was shown completely useless information apparently from telephone book listings. The next category was reverse phone number look up, but the free search had apparently been used. For $1.00 I could continue the search, however, somewhere hidden in their advertisement they claim that you know you are now signing up for a $19.95 per month agreement.
You do not know that you have signed up for this service unless you are checking your credit card statement and find a charge from "Recordfee.com". Now you think, what? Look it up on the internet and you are referred to "Whyinfo1" for refund information. They put you through some more hoops and you end up on a chat line to find out you can cancel the service from now on "subsequent service". Which leads me to beleive that they intend to keep $19.95. I have called my credit card company to withold payment on the initial charge of $19.95 and explained that it was for a service I did not receive nor knowingly agreed to.
This site is set up to deceive people and take their money! They have set this up to take $19.95 from every sucker that comes along and will take more until they are discovered by an unsuspecting person who does not diligently watch their credit card expenditures.
I'll be they are making millions and have a legal team to set this up!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2012 03:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Peoplefindercom/internet/Peoplefindercom-whyinfo1com-Peoplefinder-should-be-banned-from-the-Internet-Internet-987790. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Peoplefinder.com

Credited

AUTHOR: Tim - (United States of America)

I received credit for the full amount applied to my credit card account.  I was premature in filing a report as I assumed that I would not be refunded. The refund was applied within a few days of the original transaction.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Recordfee.com

AUTHOR: JoshCustomerService - (USA)

Hello Tim,

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused. Customer satisfaction is very important to us and we do not like to see any unhappy customers. Please email us at [email protected] to get the refund for the charges you have paid.

Thank you for your patience.

Customer Support