Complaint Review: Peoplefinders

• Updated: Sun, January 03, 2010

• Reported By: John_Indiana — Rochester Indiana United States of America

Peoplefinders peoplefinders Misleading advertising, waste of money Internet

Beware the fine print!!

I subscribed to the $19.95 plan in hopes of finding an old friend.  Upon paying the fee - I did a search and received information that was basically useless.  They gave me a jumbled list of former addresses without dates for each location - so I had no idea what the current or latest address was.  The same is true regarding the few phone numbers that was provided.  There was absolutely no info provided regarding marriages or divorces.  I did a search on my own name and found that the last address I was at for the past 4 years was not being shown in the information they provided me.  All my former phone numbers that were shown have been disconnected, and this information they provided me did not include my current cell phone number.

After sending them an email notifying them of my issues and suggestions for improvement - I was simply given what appeared to be an auto-reply email describing their disclaimer (conveniently tucked away in a small 'Terms of Use' link at the bottom of the page), which states that they cannot guarantee information being provided, which also states that there are no refunds.  They then had the nerve to contact me on the phone trying to get me to go for something else, which I responded that I was not interested in doing any other business with peoplefinders.com or continuing the phone conversation unless they wanted to address my complaint.

Bottom line:  The info I received was basically useless.  Their site uses potentially misleading information to get you to purchase one of their plans while riddling you with options to buy additional services on top of the one you're already buying.  The full disclaimer is tucked away at the bottom of their webpage, contained within a 'Terms of Use' link.  Don't get hopeful in expecting a productive exchange with their customer service.  Due to repeated complaints and what appears to be an auto-reply email designed specifically for these complaints - one should read between the lines (in addition to that fine print) as to whether this company is truly dedicated to customer satisfaction.  I would not even recommend the $1.95 search option based on my experience with them thus far.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2010 09:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Peoplefinders/internet/Peoplefinders-peoplefinders-Misleading-advertising-waste-of-money-Internet-549072. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Peoplefinders