• Report: #712031

• Reported By: Consumer — Brentwood New York United States of America
Peoplefinders.com
Sacramento, California United States of America

Peoplefinders.com SCAMS YOU INTO CREDIT CARD CHARGES Sacramento, California

This company has several procedures in place designed to rip you off. The one I got caught in was registering for one of their services that would be free if I canceled within 3 days. I signed up but never received an acknowledgment or a report so I (wrongly) assumed it did not go through.

When I saw a $48 charge on my credit card, I called customer service and they emailed the report I had never received (which, by the way, if you have the patience you can locate this info yourself on the web). The report includes people with the same name that may or may not be the person you are looking for. This they tell you after you have been billed and BEEN SENT the report.

I asked to be refunded for the error on my part, and explained why I thought it was an erroneous charge. "No, we do not refund, it's policy". I remained cool and polite while I explained that I had intended to cancel but hadn't; it was a mistake. "Nope."

I even emailed them the following day to try once more and their response was, "Our records show this was handled yesterday."

Besides offering a sub-standard product, their customer service left me speechless. I admit my fault for not being more careful and had they handled my complaint better (maybe a partial refund as a gesture of good faith?), I would feel less ripped off. I truly believe their computers are set up to NOT deliver the report when ordered so they can increase the chance a membership will go uncanceled. Otherwise, they would have been more friendly and helpful.

STAY AWAY FROM PEOPLEFINDERS - they are a total ripoff. And despite having a good rating with the Better Business Bureau, (which grades a company by that fact that they responded to a complaint - nothing more) they have ripped hundreds of people off since their inception. Look closely at the complaints on the BBB website. They're like mine - and worse.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2011 02:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Peoplefinderscom/Sacramento-California-/Peoplefinderscom-SCAMS-YOU-INTO-CREDIT-CARD-CHARGES-Sacramento-California-712031. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Peoplefinders.com