Complaint Review: Peoplepc Internet Service

• Submitted: Mon, October 02, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, October 02, 2006

• Reported By:Sherwood Oregon
Peoplepc Internet Service
San Francisco. California Nationwide U.S.A.

Peoplepc Internet Service Ripped me off for charges made to my bank account after I cancelled the account. Will not refund my money. San Francisco California

I cancelled 2 accounts with peoplepc in 2005 that I had openned in error. The man I talked to on phone assured me all was well and I had 1 account now. Then in 4/1/06 I called to cancel people totally. They were having computer trouble as the man was trying to take care of it and we lost connection. I called many times after and was always told they lines were too busy and to call back later. I sent emails with no feed back.

Today I waited on phone till I talked with someone. Was told everything would be taken care of and money refunded. Then manager came on and she said all we would get back was for the month of Oct.2006.

They have totally ripped us off. We are on a fixed income and do not always understand what workings of computers are and have been taken advantage of.
Please don't let this happen to anyone else.

Ruth
Sherwood, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2006 01:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Peoplepc-Internet-Service/nationwide/Peoplepc-Internet-Service-Ripped-me-off-for-charges-made-to-my-bank-account-after-I-cance-213800. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Peoplepc Internet Service