Complaint Review: Peoplepc

• Submitted: Mon, July 28, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, July 28, 2008

• Reported By:Garland Texas
1375 Peachtree St NW Level A Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Peoplepc Personnel Threatened My Life! Atlanta Georgia

I have had nothing but trouble since signing up with Peoplepc. Issues include overbilling, no customer support, switching my service without authorization and more.

Customer service is non-existant. I have been directed to links that don't work, bounced from one department to another, told problems will be "investigated" and they will call back, then they don't.

Last fall I got in touch with tech support (which is in India). The gentleman I spoke to had very little English and gave me answers that had nothing to do with what I asked. I told him he was incompetent and was another good reason I should switch my service. A few days later this man used information from my account to access my personal information where I was checking my email. He then called both my home and my office and left voice mail messages using profanities and threatening my life!

When I tried to report this to Peoplepc, personnel REFUSED to take a report, and would not give me supervisor information. I made at least half a dozen attempts to report this FELONY to peoplepc both by phone and online. Finally I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and only then did I get any response at all. One email response was "we understand you have billing problem!", when I was reporting threats made by their employee!

At the same time this issue was being resolved, I brought up that locally advertising said that Peoplepc with the Security Package was $10.95, but I was being charged $15.95. An adjustement was then made and I was promised the lower rate. Approximately a month later my security package stopped working. I have been trying for MONTHS to find out why and could not get an answer. Often I was told to call tech support, but 9 out of 10 calls I got a message that they had a high volume of calls and call another day!

Finally I got in touch with one rep who stated to me that I NEVER had the security package! When I forwarded their own confirmation that I did have it, I got another response of "we will investigate and get back to you". Of course they did not. I have been using the internet for MONTHS with NO firewall, virus protection, etc. putting my personal information at risk as well as my equipment!

I have now filed a complaint with the Texas Attorney General, the Better Business Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission!

Garland, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2008 02:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Peoplepc/Atlanta-Georgia-30309/Peoplepc-Personnel-Threatened-My-Life-Atlanta-Georgia-356613. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Peoplepc