Complaint Review: Peoplepc

• Updated: Mon, July 21, 2008

• Reported By:OKLAHOMA CITY Oklahoma
Peoplepc
peoplepc.com Internet U.S.A.

Peoplepc.com peoplepc took money from bank account 4 months after account was closed Internet

We used peoplepc before we got cable internet. I canceled the account in February, 2008. I was billed for the next two months. I contacted them and was issued a prompt credit (after much haggling about whether I needed the peoplepc email address for a reduced rate) for those two months. Then, in June, I was debited another $10.95.

I called, and was told it would be taken care of. Now, at the end of July, I called again, spent much time online with them, but have been assured that my account will be credited with the $10.95 and the account is truly canceled. I'm hoping that is the case. After seeing how prevalent this behaviour is with this company, I'm curious as to why it hasn't been sanctioned or dealt with somehow. Isn't this fraudulent?

Okmaestra
OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2008 02:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Peoplepc/internet/Peoplepccom-peoplepc-took-money-from-bank-account-4-months-after-account-was-closed-Inter-353788. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Peoplepc