Complaint Review: Peopleperhour

• Submitted: Wed, February 22, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, February 22, 2012

• Reported By: Tee — Richmond Virginia United States of America
2c Seagrave Road, London, SW6 1RR, Select State/Province United States of America

Peopleperhour Hired contractor We Are Your Coder through Peopleperhour. Contractor did maybe 20% of the work then wanted payment claiming it was completed. I'd told Peopleperhour who responded by turning my escrow London, SW6 1RR, Other

I'd hired a contractor through Peopleperhour.com (PPH) to edit a website.  I'd chosen a company called We Are Your Coder.  One of the stipulations was that the deadline has to be met or else they would not get paid.  They'd assured me that there would be no problem and I let them set the actual deadline.

Shortly after a proposal was agreed upon and funds were put into escrow, communication with the IT contractor showed that they had very little coding experience and could not complete the work at all.  They'd done about 20% of the actual job and still missed the deadline.  I'd told them that I'd look for another programmer.

I'd contacted Peopleperhour.com and told them what had happened and that I'd need my escrowed funds returned.  (You have to put money in escrow before you hire anyone.)  The contractor told an outright lie to PPH that they'd finished the job.  I'd directed PPH to the email trail on their own site so they could see where the vendor stated, themselves, that they had not finished the work and had agreed to forfeit payment if the deadline was missed - which it was.  Everything was in writing.  A cut and dried case, right?

Well, PPH paid the contactor anyway.  I'd reminded them of their money back guarantee, but they've ignored my complaints.  Finally, I'd asked for the names of the individual(s) who own Peopleperhour, but they refused to give me the owners' name(s).  As a result, in addition to paying for work that wasn't performed, I've had to hire a new contractor (from a different company, of course) and pay their fees as well.

Definitely a rip-off.  Their site implies that you don't have to pay for unsatisfactory work.  Well, in my case the contractor agreed to the proposal, then broke the agreement and PPH handed them my money, anyway.   Dealing with Peopleperhour.com means literally throwing your money away.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2012 01:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Peopleperhour/London-SW6-1RR-Select-StateProvince-/Peopleperhour-Hired-contractor-We-Are-Your-Coder-through-Peopleperhour-Contractor-did-ma-842919. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Peopleperhour